LCD-2, LCD-3, Owners and the Music They Love...
Jun 15, 2011 at 12:48 PM Post #166 of 1,111

Quote:
One further positive note on discussions about music: It seems to be more of a given that taste in music is entirely subjective. Therefore discussions don't tend to be driven by the same testosterone driven, tiresome rhetoric of some kind of absolute that eveyone should be striving for. Egos are usually left at the door in music discussions. If only that were the case in the rest of the forums.

x2...x2 
biggrin.gif

Jun 15, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #167 of 1,111
The one thing I was wondering is that I noticed this thread was started in the summit-fi forum and not the music forum. I am surprised it was never moved. Maybe people finally realized that the music is the treasured thing in our little hobby thus giving it the right to stand alone in the summit fi.

Jun 15, 2011 at 3:44 PM Post #171 of 1,111
Unfortunately the Kind of Blue CD isn't mastered very well... just my opinion but the vinyl is much better to my ears. But I see the pics above show the LP, so maybe that's what you're talking about anyway. 

Incidentally, Brush With the Blues on this album (Jeff Beck: Who Else) is outstanding thru LCD-2:

Jun 15, 2011 at 3:44 PM Post #172 of 1,111

Quote:
The one thing I was wondering is that I noticed this thread was started in the summit-fi forum and not the music forum. I am surprised it was never moved. Maybe people finally realized that the music is the treasured thing in our little hobby thus giving it the right to stand alone in the summit fi.

I started the thread but I didn't realize it was in the wrong forum.  How can we move it? 

Jun 16, 2011 at 10:03 AM Post #177 of 1,111

Quote:
I only own LCD's so everything is coming through them!  
wink.gif

You have a point. I guess I'm looking at this thread for suggestions of music that really shows off the LCD-2's best qualities, realizing that what these 'phones do "best" is subject to individual opinion. For instance yesterday I was listening to Beck's Who Else! and that particular album really shone for me through the LCD-2 in a way that it did not through Senn. 650's or Denon 7000s (which is not to say it sounds bad through either of the latter). Anyway, I think keeping the thread equipment-centric versus musical tastes makes sense... although I'm always discovering new gems when people get into their favorites.

Jun 16, 2011 at 10:30 AM Post #178 of 1,111

Quote:
You have a point. I guess I'm looking at this thread for suggestions of music that really shows off the LCD-2's best qualities, realizing that what these 'phones do "best" is subject to individual opinion. For instance yesterday I was listening to Beck's Who Else! and that particular album really shone for me through the LCD-2 in a way that it did not through Senn. 650's or Denon 7000s (which is not to say it sounds bad through either of the latter). Anyway, I think keeping the thread equipment-centric versus musical tastes makes sense... although I'm always discovering new gems when people get into their favorites.

I'd restate my original post here, that one of the great things about the LCD-2's is that they are so versatile and serve a very wide range of music quite well.  Therefore the thread almost becomes, "what music are you enjoying today on your LCD-2's"

Since I've posted quite a few female vocals, I'll move on to some male vocals I really enjoy via LCD-2's. I find that they shine brightly in vocals (midrange), and deep chesty male vocals are well served here.  In that vein:

Jun 16, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #179 of 1,111

Quote:

Your'e absolutely correct, this thread is for music that shines through the LCD's and show's off their best qualities or what they do best.  The thing is almost everything seems to sound so good with them and this creates a very large window for sharing experiences and presenting new gems in the thread.  This large window of sharing proliferated and propelled by the LCD's excellence has now become the essential vehicle and attraction of this thread.  For me it has become the first thread I check when I venture to Head-Fi. So if you own a pair of LCD's and you've just listened to something that sounds good pass it on.  You won't get chastised for your enthusiasm and your suggestion won't get analyzed or graded for acceptance as an LCD showcase. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back