LCD-2, LCD-3, Owners and the Music They Love...
Jun 12, 2011 at 1:29 PM Post #91 of 1,111
Nope. If you want that bass pounding stuff, you need to get a closed headphone. The ED8 is very good at those genres. Don't get me wrong, the LCD-2 does a great job but not the best. That should not deter you from getting these headphones. 

i'm planning on starting to listen to other genres too, but it's hard since i've listened exclusively to EDM in the past 2 years.

Jun 12, 2011 at 2:22 PM Post #93 of 1,111
I exclusively bought the LCD 2 for trance, dubstep and DnB, and after a month still very pleased. I was worried that I wouldn't use my denons as much when the LCD 2 arrived, but I actually use both headphones about the same amount of time.

Jun 12, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #95 of 1,111
Brasewel, what do you find better about the d7000 for death metal?
Also is the d7000 better for all metal? (progressive, thrash, stoner, etc)

As metal is probably my main genre along with rock and I am considering trying the d7000 or la7000, to see how they compete against the lcd-2.

Jun 12, 2011 at 5:49 PM Post #96 of 1,111

Quote:
Brasewel, what do you find better about the d7000 for death metal?
Also is the d7000 better for all metal? (progressive, thrash, stoner, etc)

As metal is probably my main genre along with rock and I am considering trying the d7000 or la7000, to see how they compete against the lcd-2.

I rarely listen to this kind of music so I can't give you specifics on this but since the D7000 has more bass impact and is a brighter phone it is better suited for this kind of music. It just gives you that punch that this music demands.
The LCD-2 is better at everything else.

Jun 12, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #97 of 1,111
Thanks, much appreciated.
I think I will try the d7000 or la7000 some time soon, but currently I am enjoying my lcd-2's with everything from Miles Davis to Necrophagist.
I really think the lcd-2's are one of the best all rounders with their extremely flat mids and bass.

Jun 12, 2011 at 8:40 PM Post #98 of 1,111

Quote:
What Trance, dubstep, and DnB do you like?

trance i like mostly like pop trance from armin or tiesto atb or Van Dyk deadma5  Infected Mushroom popular stuff like that. DnB right now I'm listening to Netsky self titled album which is really fantastic, Benga, the Glitch mob, Logistics, Pendulum's early stuff and mostly anything of hospital records. Dubstep I'm just starting to get accustomed to but I recommend Feed Me/Spor's new stuff, it might even be classified as DnB. I only have a bunch of mixes for dubstep, mostly found from ukf. Skream, or burial that I know off the top of my head, Emalkay seems like a favorite of mine.

Jun 13, 2011 at 12:17 AM Post #100 of 1,111

Hector Zazou, Lies will flow (with Caroline Lavelle) CD:L'absence 

Patricia Barber, Morning Grace, CD: Cafe Blue

David Sylvian, The Scent Of Magnolia, CD: Everything and Nothing

Terry Oldfield, Voices in the Wind, CD:Spirit of India

Ott, Jack's Cheese and Bread Snack, CD: Blumenkraft

Martha Tilston, Brighton Song, CD: Bimbling

Mindy Smith, Little Devil, CD: Long Island Shores

Good Old War, That's Some Dream, CD: Good Old War

Nimrod Workman, Oh Death, CD: I Want to Go Where Things Are Beautiful

The Finches, Nightswimming, AR, CD: Human Like A House

John Prine, Clay Pigeons, CD: Fair & Square

Dan Zanes And Friends Featuring Suzanne Vega, Erie Canal, CD: Freedom: Songs From The Heart Of America (Disc 1)

Shannon McNally, Pale Moon, CD: Putumayo Presents American Folk

Lucy Kaplansy, I had Something,  CD: Putumayo Presents American Folk

Christine Kane, She Don't Roses,   CD: Putumayo Presents American Folk

Lori McKenna, Pour, CD: Putumayo Presents American Folk

Gillian Welch, Make Me A Pallet On Your Floor, CD: Soul Journey

Johnny Cash, Fields Of Diamonds, CD:American III: Solitary Man

Johnny Cash, One, CD:American III: Solitary Man

Johnny Cash, Hurt, CD: American IV: The Man Comes Around

Merle Haggard, Live and Love Always, CD: I Am What I Am

Steve Martin & The Steep Canyon Rangers, Jubilation Day, CD: Rare Bird Alert

Jun 13, 2011 at 12:34 AM Post #101 of 1,111
Ashley Slater "Cellophane"

Great jazz album for those looking for standout lyrics and vocals.  Instrumentals were mixed well in this album.  An old album, but new for me in 2011, probably my 2nd most listened album.  British band, not sure you'll find this one in your local library.  For me it was well worth the money to download the album.  

In the past I listened to this album on my portable DAP + RE-262.  First time I listened to this album with the LCD-2  + Lyr w/ Cryoset 6N23P tubes.  Man, I've listened to this album dozens of times but it was a whole new experience with LCD.  I got the impression of being in a small, intimate smokey lounge.  Vocals on the LCD just seem right.

Jun 13, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #102 of 1,111
I couldn't find that CD.  When you DL an album do you get AIFF? Flac?  I never buy online because there are so few places to DL higher rez.

I'm curious to hear the differences between the Lyr and the Woo WA6SE.

Jun 13, 2011 at 9:44 AM Post #103 of 1,111
Amazon.  I also like the higher rez material but sometimes one has to bite the bullet and go for the MP3.  Most MP3s on Amazon are at least 256 kbits/sec.  Sure it's not great but Amazon does offer a lot of import music for download.  The other option is international Ebay sellers.

Jun 13, 2011 at 10:21 AM Post #104 of 1,111
Same, I try to get the CDs from Amazon. If I can't, I get it through other shady means 
wink_face.gif

Jun 13, 2011 at 10:39 AM Post #105 of 1,111

Quote:
Same, I try to get the CDs from Amazon. If I can't, I get it through other shady means 
wink_face.gif

We buy enough stuff from Amazon to justify being "prime" members, which then gives us free (after the one-time-a-year fee of course) two-day shipping; I really love it for CDs because I can just buy an individual title that I might want without worrying about shipping or trying to hunt it down locally. One click and it's on my doorstep the day after tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back