Lawton Audio "Copper One" cable?
Nov 26, 2011 at 7:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Aurosonic

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone,
This marks my first post on Head-Fi, although I've been a long time lurker and owe my decision to buy a Denon d2000 and amps to this site.

Recently, I caught the headphile bug again and decided to send my cans to Lawton Audio for modding. As some of you may or may not know, Lawton Audio recently re-released an improved website and introduced several new changes. One such change is the introduction of a new cable, which they call the "Copper One." (They still provide and use Jena Lab's Ultrawire which they call the "Copper Queen.")

My question is, has anyone received a LA7000/5000/2000 with the "Copper One" cable and can shed some light? From what I understand, this cable is not from any well known provider such as APureSound or Moon Audio. Could it just be Mogami cable or an in-house creation? I'm asking because it's $199 for 3.5 ft, so it must be good stuff.
Below is the link to the page.

http://lawtonaudio.com/page39.html

Any insight from first hand experience would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Nov 28, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #2 of 6
Only way to find out is to cop one and crack it open.  

Nov 28, 2011 at 1:31 AM Post #3 of 6

Quote:
I'm asking because it's $199 for 3.5 ft, so it must be good stuff.

Must it be? Certainly one would *hope* so - but there are no guarantees. 

Nov 28, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
My question is, has anyone received a LA7000/5000/2000 with the "Copper One" cable and can shed some light? From what I understand, this cable is not from any well known provider such as APureSound or Moon Audio. Could it just be Mogami cable or an in-house creation? I'm asking because it's $199 for 3.5 ft, so it must be good stuff.
Below is the link to the page.

http://lawtonaudio.com/page39.html

I don't think Lawton would buy a headphone cable from another custom shop. My guess is that its raw wire sourced from somebody like Neotech, and made in-house. Why not ask LA?

Nov 28, 2011 at 5:38 PM Post #6 of 6
Perhaps Furutech, Oyaide or Acrolink?  All solid companies to be affiliated with.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back