Laughs from a latent Head-Fi'er (Scrypt)
Sep 13, 2009 at 1:54 AM Post #32 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
epic win

smily_headphones1.gif

Welcome back Rob, if only for a last magnificent post.

Sep 13, 2009 at 3:17 AM Post #34 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you, Scrypt. Unfortunately, it's often easier to voice criticism than praise - especially in a large forum. You should know that many of us deeply appreciate your work. However, that isn't stated as often as you deserve.

Can't say it better myself so I won't try.
Thanks for that post Scrypt. I took a while to read it through and I think it was worth every minute.
Peace.
Nac...

Sep 13, 2009 at 3:41 AM Post #35 of 49
That took me ~30 minutes to read.

May I have your permission to use your more esoteric words in school papers?

Sep 13, 2009 at 10:25 AM Post #36 of 49
They are English words, Logwed. Everyone has permission, though none exercise it so mellifluously as Scrypt.

I never knew ye, as ye were to be known. Thank you for the closure, however. My stunted, bonsai business and diplomatic English wilts in the shadow of your towering oak. We are in your debt.

Sep 13, 2009 at 9:51 PM Post #37 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are English words, Logwed. Everyone has permission, though none exercise it so mellifluously as Scrypt.

I never knew ye, as ye were to be known. Thank you for the closure, however. My stunted, bonsai business and diplomatic English wilts in the shadow of your towering oak. We are in your debt.

Amen. I couldn't have said it better myself, as you know if you read my previous post.
wink.gif

P.S. Mellifluous is a beautiful word.
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 13, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #38 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by scrypt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
savory manipesto

Love it.

Sep 14, 2009 at 11:40 AM Post #39 of 49
once again, the words made me smile even while my eyes got tangled.
PLEASE let this not be a postscrypt: you're surly missed around here. sourly.
now where is that dictionary...

Sep 14, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #40 of 49
As you can see, I'm a very new member and had never before experienced the literary greatness that is Scrypt. I thought the limericks in the OP's post were hilarious. Just as I was nearly able to wipe the laughter tears from my eyes I came across the post from the mythic figure himself. The tears continued though from comedy and tragedy in equal measure. Incredible and masterful use of the English langauage. Most posts that long I would simply pass over as very few people have the linguistic prowess to maintain a compelling stream of language that long. But I read it all and was rewarded with the most interesting and entertaining post I have ever read at head-fi.

Now shifting gears: pls scrypt whydonchya come back for us noobs. We can read your previous posts but mayn't understand the context. Love to read more of your stuff. Anyways 'nuff said here, gotta go back and search scrypt's previous posts.

Thx for making me laugh today

Sep 16, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #43 of 49
"And now for tonight’s most terrifying topic: Mixed-Economy Nudists of the Byzantine Empire."

had a long lauf at that introduction.
A sad true tale, many can relate here and other forums.

Sep 25, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #44 of 49
I finally finished reading this. The big words aren't so bad. You can plug them into Google. It is, however, a problem when he makes up his own and Google disappoints with this:

Quote:

Results for: scryptsmadeupwords

Your search - scryptsmadeupwords - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:
* Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
* Try different keywords.
* Try more general keywords.

Did you mean to search for: scripts made up words

Google says you're on your own.

What's fun are the reference. After consulting professor, priest and politician some have become clear. It's great.

Thanks for writing us, Scrypt.

Sep 25, 2009 at 11:45 AM Post #45 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I finally finished reading this. The big words aren't so bad. You can plug them into Google. It is, however, a problem when he makes up his own and Google disappoints with this:

Google says you're on your own.

What's fun are the reference. After consulting professor, priest and politician some have become clear. It's great.

Thanks for writing us, Scrypt.

What made-up words?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back