Latest Zune software NOT downloading artwork/ID3 tags for CD's when ripping ???
Dec 30, 2007 at 5:03 PM Post #16 of 22
looks like a firewall or some internet security tool is blocking his web access.

Dec 30, 2007 at 6:58 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rico-San /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Probably a stupid suggestion, but have you considered just adding album art yourself using an ID3 tag editor? Check Amazon or findmycover.com for cover art. I prefer doing it this way and embedding the art into the files so that they're there no matter what audio program I use. The Zune software (IMO) doesn't like to download art files for some of my CDs when there are clearly covers on the Zune Marketplace.

But yeah, just a suggestion.

Yah, but like I said. It's my friends dad and doing that is too much of a hassle for him. You know how older people are with computers...

Dec 30, 2007 at 6:59 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
looks like a firewall or some internet security tool is blocking his web access.

Disabled firewall... No security programs or anything like that running. I can't figure it out and I actually build computers and write web coding. Im extremely proficient with computers so I dunno. it's a mystery. I give up.

Dec 30, 2007 at 7:03 PM Post #19 of 22
Can he gain access to the internet using something other than SBC Yahoo? ie Wifi?

In any case, the members of the zune forums are much more qualified to answer this question than us. Better yet, look up help on microsoft's technical pages.

Dec 31, 2007 at 2:13 PM Post #20 of 22
i bet the network cable is broken ...
biggrin.gif

Jan 1, 2008 at 12:34 PM Post #21 of 22
When I ripped three CDs using the Zune software, it worked perfectly i.e. the art shows up on the player as well as in the Zune desktop but the actual folders do not show the artwork and when I imported the albums into WMP there was no album art. Also the album art for those CDs is not present in the album art folder on the Zune 80. There is something buggy about the Zune system and artwork. In my case the artwork is OK for the the Zune player and the Zune software but is nowhere to be found on my PC for the three albums that I mentioned and not present when imported into WMP. This could very well be temporary. It seems that I remember this occurring in the earlier Zune software but the art was filled at a later time.
confused.gif

Jan 15, 2008 at 7:32 PM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i bet the network cable is broken ...
biggrin.gif

Yah, okay.. Smart one. lol

First page....

Quote:

Originally Posted by EsthetiX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's not the internet connection. I used the same computer to come to this forum and post.
frown.gif
Thanks for your replies guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back