LATEST: JDS Labs Updates for The Element
Dec 2, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #33 of 37
Just got my Element.

So awesome. Drives my T90s and 650s beauteously.

Very, very satisfied customer!!!! I might go in for a midrange Schiit stack, or perhaps the HRT Music Streamer HD some day when i have more play money, but I really don't feel like I'm missing much now that I have the Element.

Dec 23, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #34 of 37
The only pity is RCA jacks could only have line in or line out. If we could have both: e.g. connecting USB will set RCA as line out and disconnecting USB will set RCA as line in, that will be much greater. I will pay for the upgrade if it is possible
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 23, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #35 of 37
  The only pity is RCA jacks could only have line in or line out. If we could have both: e.g. connecting USB will set RCA as line out and disconnecting USB will set RCA as line in, that will be much greater. I will pay for the upgrade if it is possible
tongue_smile.gif

Not sure I understand the issue:

1. Powered off, RCA as line out
  2. Powered on, RCA as line in

Dec 23, 2015 at 10:16 PM Post #37 of 37

No. You will lost RCA line out if you choose the DAC automatic line output option. That is:

1. Powered off, RCA as line out
  2. Powered on, RCA as line in no use

I see, from your text and now reading the manual more closely 
frown.gif

The Element must still be configured at the factory for one of two modes:

1. Automatic DAC line-output (based on power, on is output to headphone and off is output to RCA)
  2. Analog input (based on RCA cables being connected or disconnected, connected is source from RCA and disconnected is source from USB)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back