LATEST: JDS Labs Updates for The Element
Nov 3, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #24 of 37
I don't quite understand...

Does pressing the button change the RCA output to an RCA input? Can the same RCA jacks be either? Or does it just deactivate the headphone jack and activate the RCA outs? Can the same unit do both RCA input and output?

If not, how is the output via the headphone jack? With the gain on the low setting, would it work to use it as an output to powered speakers, or a larger amp/stereo system?

Nov 3, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #25 of 37
@openears: The RCA jacks are either inputs or outputs, depending on the option you choose. We'll post a video soon to demonstrate.

For the Automatic DAC Line-Output option:

1. Headphones mute while Element is Off, and RCA line output is active
  2. Headphones are active while Element is On, and RCA jacks mute

With the gain on the low setting, would it work to use it as an output to powered speakers, or a larger amp/stereo system?

Yes, you could potentially connect the headphone output at 1.0x gain to a larger system. The DAC Line-output method is preferred.

Nov 3, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #26 of 37
  Is it possible to send in an existing The Element unit to get the upgrade?

@jseaber, I think there are few people wondering the same thing as the user posted above.

Nov 4, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #28 of 37

Standalone would be nice. Still, it works like a charm with an iPhone and CCK, so I see little need. 

I know this is a bit off topic, but have you updated to iOS 9?!? iOS 9 seems to have broken my CCK compatibility! iOS 8.4 worked like a charm, perfect crisp and clear audio (although I found it strange that the volume level was still controlled via the buttons on the phone - So, is it truly a pure digital output); then upgraded to iOS 9.0.2 and sound will only be output through the CCK for about 2 seconds before being shut off. This happens regardless of which type of hub I use, but if you do fiddle around with it, and get it to play for longer that 2 seconds the is a background hum and occasional clicks and pops. Anyone else having this issue as well?!?

Awesome news about the Element! Can't wait to get one!

Nov 6, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #30 of 37
Give me the bass boost switch of the C5D to this unit and I'll happily, HAPPILY! pay 1000 USD for this unit! (If you're willing to make me a custom, please PM)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back