Latest HF fraud: I GOT SCAMMED! Everybody read, please.
Jun 11, 2008 at 11:59 AM Post #62 of 112
regarding the refund... just got this from paypal this morning:
Quote:

Dear xxxxxxx,

It has come to our attention that you may be the recipient of potentially unauthorized funds. We have initiated an investigation into this event. In the meantime, we have placed a temporary hold on the funds in question until the investigation is complete. This temporary hold will show as a deduction in your available balance. In the meantime, you are free to continue transacting using your PayPal account.

Jun 11, 2008 at 12:10 PM Post #63 of 112
See, that's what happens when you accept a payment rather than a refund.

The scammer most likely lied to Paypal to get some money back after his failed scam attempt. In that situation Paypal usually hold all recent transcations not just the ones the scammer said was suspect. So all those "refunds" he gave out might disappear soon. Also, he'll try to place the blame on you, saying that your reports to Paypal made them put a hold on his account and that it's out of his control. This is a lie, the account holder is the one that initiates the unknown charges process.

I don't think this is over.

frown.gif

EK

Jun 11, 2008 at 12:43 PM Post #65 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Should have withdrawn the funds out as soon as you received them.

well, he just sent the payment - i emailed him asking why i just didn't get a refund - but he didn't reply of course. (plus by getting a payment paypal takes out transfer fees).

i did withdraw as soon as i got the payment. but paypal is so great that they just put your account in the negative and pull money from your bank account. i hate paypal.

Jun 11, 2008 at 12:55 PM Post #66 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by xcoldricex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i did withdraw as soon as i got the payment. but paypal is so great that they just put your account in the negative[
and pull money from your bank account.

Paypal can take money from your bank account without authorisation? How so? I thought they could only take it from the Paypal account. And the whole point of withdrawing money asap is to prevent Paypal committing more theft isn't it? Or am I missing a chromosome here??

Jun 11, 2008 at 3:31 PM Post #67 of 112
yes, they can.

withdrawing ASAP only prevents them from locking your account for an unspecified period of time for unspecified reasons while preventing you from using/withdrawing it.

Jun 11, 2008 at 6:02 PM Post #69 of 112
I got the same thing from PayPal.

Quote:

Dear xxxxxxx,

It has come to our attention that you may be the recipient of potentially unauthorized funds. We have initiated an investigation into this event. In the meantime, we have placed a temporary hold on the funds in question until the investigation is complete. This temporary hold will show as a deduction in your available balance. In the meantime, you are free to continue transacting using your PayPal account.

Jun 11, 2008 at 6:25 PM Post #71 of 112
Quang says:

Quote:

It is because of all the claims on the my protransactions @yahoo.com account. I dont know if anyone closed the claims. Beleive me I'm not trying to get the money back or scam you guys again. I've learned my lesson and I'm converted to the good guys. Here I will find the inquiry I sent to paypal this morning about it and I will send you a screenshot of the Ashley account of the held funds

We shall see about that.

Jun 11, 2008 at 6:48 PM Post #72 of 112
Exactly as I said it would happen in post 63, he's straight lying to you. Paypal don't just randomly decide to investigate unknown charges, the account holder has to notify Paypal. Now he'll pretend that Paypal has frozen all of his money and he can't do anything about it.

EK

Jun 11, 2008 at 6:58 PM Post #73 of 112
You're right evilking.

Quote:

Dear xxxxxxxx,

We have conducted a review of a payment that you received. In this case, returning the funds to the sender was determined to be the appropriate action, and we have completed a reversal of the payment. Good selling practices like trackable shipping, prompt shipment, and communication between buyer and seller help prevent disputes.

Jun 11, 2008 at 7:06 PM Post #74 of 112
yeah he's totally trying to continue the scam. he obviously notified paypal that there was "unauthorized" payments since they got resolved so quickly.

just got my paypal email stating the same.

care to make his phone number and address public so we can annoy the hell out of his father?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back