Latest HF fraud: I GOT SCAMMED! Everybody read, please.
Jun 10, 2008 at 10:06 PM Post #31 of 112
Great Job Jude well appreciated and glad I got my money returned and everyone else got theirs also..
biggrin.gif

Too bad their isn't a way to prevent this guess we have to rely on our instincts and be on guard...
frown.gif

Jun 10, 2008 at 10:08 PM Post #32 of 112
Yea, Jude did a great job on this one. Also Justin at HeadAmp gets thanks too, because he personally called me, since Picos were involved. That is what I called going above and beyond. Thanks everyone for your help!

Jun 10, 2008 at 11:08 PM Post #34 of 112
I haven't got a response from qspeedss nor a refund for the pico that I paid, at the time of this posting.

I am going to email him and see what he says.

Updates

I just got an email from him asking if I have recieved a refund. No refunds in my paypal at the time of this posting.

Updates #2

Now he's claiming that paypal is limiting his account so he can't pay me back.

--- Quang Mather <protransactions@yahoo.com> wrote:
listen. I dont have the money right now because paypal is runningcheck up. My account is limited so i can not send/receive payments.I dont have a bank account so I need to find another way to get youthe $290.
&nbsp;
I will probably have to sell some stuff on ebay. I will give youlinks to the ebay account. Also, I will arrange it so the paymentwill go straight to your paypal account. Is that okay?

Updates #3
Still not refunded

my paypal account is closed. i cant see the dispute. I will refundyou though.

Updates #4

He have refunded 300 USD (from my payment of 290 USD).

Total Amount:
$300.00 USD
Fee Amount:
-$18.00 USD
Net Amount:
$282.00 USD

I am not sure what the paypal fee is for but i am recieving 18 USD less then what I paid him.

Updates #5

No replies after I informed him about the 18 USD.

Jun 10, 2008 at 11:39 PM Post #37 of 112
wow, thank you!

i've been buying/sellings things on forums for so long, i took this for granted. good wake up call though.

Jun 10, 2008 at 11:41 PM Post #38 of 112
I told Jude to look into this a few hours after I made my purchase. I would recommend that whenever you make a purchase, keep good contact. It sets off red flags in my mind when you try to get a deal done quickly, and then don't respond to PMs.

Jun 10, 2008 at 11:59 PM Post #39 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He forwarded the username and password of some PayPal account to me, and asked me to login. I refused this very odd request.

[size=small]THIS IS ANOTHER DIRTY TRICK![/size]

He asked you to do this so he could tell Paypal that a third party (Jude) had logged into his account. Paypal may have then cancelled some of his debts or taken some other action to benefit him.

Please, no-one should ever login to an account that they don't own, even if it seems innocent and no scam is involved.

Cheers
EK

Jun 11, 2008 at 12:20 AM Post #40 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by zhix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't got a response from qspeedss nor a refund for the pico that I paid, at the time of this posting.

I am going to email him and see what he says.

Updates

I just got an email from him asking if I have recieved a refund. No refunds in my paypal at the time of this posting.

Updates #2

Now he's claiming that paypal is limiting his account so he can't pay me back.

listen. I dont have the money right now because paypal is runningcheck up. My account is limited so i can not send/receive payments.I dont have a bank account so I need to find another way to get youthe $290.
&nbsp;
I will probably have to sell some stuff on ebay. I will give youlinks to the ebay account. Also, I will arrange it so the paymentwill go straight to your paypal account. Is that okay?

Updates #3
Still not refunded

my paypal account is closed. i cant see the dispute. I will refundyou though.

I told him to give me more money since I lost 3% on the refund (because he sent it as a payment), but he said he couldn't because he was having paypal issues. He WILL refund you, or I will personally contact the authorities. Trust me, this guy is repentant, and scared to death. You will get your money.

Also, the paypal login thing was another low. I don't understand how this guy kept trying to lie (poorly) his way out of the situation.

Jun 11, 2008 at 1:54 AM Post #42 of 112
It is seriously bothering me the amount of rip offs going on here lately.
frown.gif

Jun 11, 2008 at 2:03 AM Post #44 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by number1sixerfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is seriously bothering me the amount of rip offs going on here lately.
frown.gif

There should definitely be a discussion on improving safety for buyers...this incident has really discouraged me from buying from head-fi...that guy seemed very legit to me and I was about to contact him for payment. It would have been my first purchase here.

Jun 11, 2008 at 2:29 AM Post #45 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I checked his IP addresses. AGC and qspeedss are one and the same, according to that information. It seems to me he created the AGC account to support his qspeedss account, and then to try to use it to amateurishly throw people off the scent in a show's-over-sorry-you-got-scammed-by-this-guy-now-move-on sort of way.

Before I delved any further into his accounts here, I was sent additional information via e-mail that coincided with his IP addresses, and pretty much identified what appeared to me to be the likely suspect (including work contact information for his father, which was found only through information he'd previously posted).

I contacted him, and he denied it. In response, I told him that if he had absolutely nothing to do with this (as he claimed), then forwarding the information I had to the authorities shouldn't alarm him. He panicked and told me his father passed away. I told him that if his father had indeed passed, that I was sorry about that, but that it didn't change the fact that people had apparently been ripped off by him--and that, upon trying to call his father, I did get a voicemail prompt with his father's voice on the outgoing message (I did not leave a message).

He asked to instant message with me. I declined.

He Facebook-friend-requested. I declined and blocked.

He used the same explanation with me--that he was the victim of some seemingly elaborate hacking. I told him that the information in total really didn't seem to me to point to that at all.

He forwarded the username and password of some PayPal account to me, and asked me to login. I refused this very odd request.

He begged me to not turn the information I had over to the authorities. I would not make that promise, but told him that if he had indeed ripped people off, it would be in his best interest to remedy the situation(s).

He contacted me later to say that he'd refunded everyone.

If you feel you have been ripped off by this guy and not had the situation remedied, please let me know in this thread or via PM.

Thanks to those who helped by providing information.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE JUDEHAN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back