Late night Listening
Jul 14, 2007 at 1:35 AM Post #16 of 22
I love late night listening
smily_headphones1.gif

My problem is that I usually need to wake up at 5:30 for that bad thing called work
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 14, 2007 at 4:28 AM Post #17 of 22
Yes indeed, it's best late at night, but then I end up suffering from 'one more song' syndrome, and yeah, 4 hours of sleep just ain't enough to keep you alert through a whole day of going to class and doing work. Having your iTunes saying 4.5 days of music doesn't help either
biggrin.gif

Jul 14, 2007 at 4:37 AM Post #18 of 22
No question, late night is the best possible time. All of my listening takes place between 10:00pm and 1:30am on weeknights, and midnight and 3:00am on weekends. This is my time for solace, re-energizing and finding peace.

Darkness reigns, not even a mouse moves, there is a shattering silence in the realm, and one is allowed to savor each and every moment without interruption. No other time allows this.

JC

Jul 14, 2007 at 4:41 AM Post #19 of 22
I don't listen at night very often, because toward bedtime, my mood sours and my sensitivity to treble drops off, making my headphones sound worse than normal.

Jul 14, 2007 at 4:59 AM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by iancraig10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That reminds me of a time when I got back to a hotel really late and played a Pink Floyd album, (Wish You Were Here' at really low volume on headphones) and it just transfixed me.

Reminds me of last summer when we took a family vacation to Yellowstone from Dallas and drove. Actually, it was the return to Dallas and we made it to Denver on the first leg, checked into a hotel and I was exhausted (I did all the driving). Stretched out on the bed, put on the headphones and queued up the new Raconteurs album. I don't think it ever sounded better than that moment, eyes closed, just released all and got lost in the sound.

Jul 14, 2007 at 5:24 AM Post #21 of 22
I used to believe music sounded better at night. And it did. Firstly because of the quiet background, and second, dark.

But recently I have been able to replicate the effect in the day time, although it does have to be pretty quiet. All I do is wear an opaque sleeping mask, and if it's quiet... it sounds just as good as it does at night! I think the person who mentioned the sound being better when your eyes are receiving less visual information hit the nail on the head! That, and having no background noise.

Jul 10, 2020 at 1:16 PM Post #22 of 22
I’m a fan of listening in the wee hours of the late night night. There can be something magical. In my situation I have the freedom to do it on speakers.

I’ve also seen live music too at clubs like at 1 am, 3 am and even at 5 am. I’ve also had nice meals too at like 2 am in restaurants. I’m a late night guy and there’s a lot of life out there if you can find it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back