Last letter from Ultrasone of America LLC...
May 8, 2008 at 1:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Sovkiller

Proved that despite its huge size the CD3000 can be shoved down one's throat.
I received this letter a few days back, from Ultrasone of America, LLC, that probably was sent to other members and customers as well, it seems to be the farewell letter from them, at least regarding Ultrasone (even while they are still in litigations in the German court) so I asked permission from them to post it just as a general information for all their customers, if any mod consider that not apropriate please feel free to remove it, but Cathy authorized me, and asked me to post it, so here it is:

To All of Our Family, Friends and Industry Associates:

For the past few years, we at Ultrasone of America have had the distinct pleasure of working together to build a great company and promote an emerging brand - a brand we respected so deeply that we were determined the entire industry had to experience it first-hand. Our mission was clear: “Saving the world, two ears at a time”. As we followed our path, we met and worked with many fantastic people, learned a lot about business, and forged friendships that will undoubtedly stand the test of time.

As with most things, however, change is inevitable. Our manufacturer’s decision to open a U.S.-based operation to surf the wave of U.S. profits created by our hard work has made us realize it is time to say goodbye. Being in competition with oneself creates doubt and lack of conviction, which is something we have never had to experience.

As you can imagine, the last few weeks have been very difficult and decisions have been made that none of us are content with. We appreciate the friendship and support we have received from those of you who were aware of the situation. Even without knowing the full extent of what was transpiring, you rallied around us and made us feel like we had made a difference and that our tireless efforts were duly appreciated. You will never know how much that support has meant to each one of us here at Ultrasone of America. Because of that support, we maintained the level of professionalism that has been one of the hallmarks of our infrastructure. We have always endeavored to make every customer know they were the most important person each and every moment.

As the saying goes, when one door closes, another opens. While we may not be working together in our respective new ventures, rest assured that we will bring the ideals and values that we have developed together and doing our best to make a difference in this industry we have come to know and love.

In the meantime, our website and office will be open, selling new headphones on clearance, b-stock and parts. Please visit often!

Respectfully yours,

Cathy Kelly, President
Becca Sanders, VP of Operations
Evan Doyle, VP of Distribution and Engineering
Steffenee Copley, VP of Sales & Marketing

Ultrasone of America, LLC

[size=xx-small]
UltrasoneUSA.jpg

Ultrasone of America, LLC crew (from left to right in the picture):

Cathy Kelly (President)
Becca Sanders (VP of Operations)
Evan Doyle (VP of Distribution and Engineering)
Steffenee Copley (VP of Sales & Marketing)

[/size]

Jul 5, 2008 at 4:31 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

As with most things, however, change is inevitable. Our manufacturer’s decision to open a U.S.-based operation to surf the wave of U.S. profits created by our hard work has made us realize it is time to say goodbye. Being in competition with oneself creates doubt and lack of conviction, which is something we have never had to experience.

What does that mean, exactly? The tone of the letter seems to indicate they're shutting down the business and selling off their remaining merchandise, but nothing here clearly explains why.

Jul 5, 2008 at 4:35 AM Post #3 of 5
that's explained elsewhere. Ultrasone of America is a distributor, the manufacturer decided to compete directly with them in the US.

Jul 5, 2008 at 4:47 AM Post #4 of 5
Is the translation here that the German parent is going to run things directly in the U.S. without any U.S. "distributors"?

Jul 5, 2008 at 5:10 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigEat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the translation here that the German parent is going to run things directly in the U.S. without any U.S. "distributors"?

Apparently. I'm at least glad that I was mistaken about Ultrasone going out of business - not being very familiar with the company and their scope, and all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back