Last.FM
Jan 25, 2006 at 7:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

stargirl

Head-Fier
Do any of you guys use Last.Fm?

its really great for getting music reccomendations and it's interesting to keep track of your own music.

Just thought I'd throw it out there...There are alot of threads about "recommend me stuff similar to this" and Last.Fm can't replace those in terms of real people giving you reasons/reviews for listening to the band, but for those just looking to check out a few different bands on their own, its pretty awesome. The "build your own radio" function is pretty good too.

If you do use Last.Fm, what do you think of it?
If you don't use it, check it out!

Jan 25, 2006 at 7:53 PM Post #2 of 11
I mostly use last.fm so that I can do things like this:

grawk.gif

Jan 25, 2006 at 9:04 PM Post #5 of 11
yeah, ive used it for a while. I feel like at times it can kind of dictate what i listen to. thats why i just reset my stats.

it is a really cool site to waste time on.

my link is in my signature.

Jan 26, 2006 at 12:21 AM Post #6 of 11
I signed up for it a few weeks ago, my link is in my signature. I knew it before as Audioscrobbler through quite a few people's signatures on here. But I like it. At first I thought it would dictate what I listen to, but then I figured that over a long period of time, it will eventually even out to my regular listening habits. Also, I think it helps you explore parts of your library that you havent listened to in a long time, when you notice different artists not showing up on your list after a while.

Jan 27, 2006 at 3:17 AM Post #11 of 11
me

i think its pretty neat.
i used it to find bands "similar" to bands i listened to and it was pretty dead on in finding things i would enjoy.

i definately don't let it dictate what i listen to though, i just think its interesting to look back at what bands i listened to at home that week. i wish it could aggregate everything i listened to...in the car, in the shower, at school, on my mp3, at the mall etc. that would be interseting to look at. but really creepy if they could do it.

their radio function makes for great background homework music too
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back