LaRocco Audio finally out of business?
Aug 27, 2008 at 11:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 53

oicdn

Headphoneus Supremus
Website doesn't work. eMail address' no longer work.....interesting.

Aug 28, 2008 at 12:48 AM Post #3 of 53
That's really too bad but perhaps inevitable.
It's a loss for the hobby though and a little for myself as I was always hoping to give a Diablo a try.
It was certainly a good and practical looking amp whatever it's sonic qualities.

Aug 28, 2008 at 12:52 AM Post #4 of 53
Funny thing was, I had contact with him (her, catherine) about a month ago about Larry special making me a Diablo...and that was the last I heard. She never got back to me on anything other than saying she was sending one.

It was a good amp...inevitable with a company with as poor communication as theirs, but as said....still a loss for the hobby, regardless of how minuscule or unliked a company it was....

Aug 28, 2008 at 12:04 PM Post #5 of 53
Not the only company to go quiet... been a while since I've seen Xin gear mentioned as feverishly as it was in recent times... even if they were all complaints...

Aug 28, 2008 at 2:06 PM Post #6 of 53
Certainly looks to be!
frown.gif

Guess its not a market for all out there...

Aug 28, 2008 at 2:20 PM Post #7 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guess its not a market for all out there...

And it's a pretty good thing. The market finally kick back those who are lacking the minimal requirements for being in business in the first place. I'm only sad to see that Phil LaRocco (who had nothing to do with LaRocco Audio since his rupture with Larry) had to see his name associated with this fiasco.

Amicalement

Aug 28, 2008 at 4:48 PM Post #8 of 53
I wonder if Phil will reappear with a Diablo 2 type product?
One can live in hope.

Sep 12, 2008 at 3:02 AM Post #10 of 53
The only thing I really feel sorry about in all this story, besides the customers that suffered, is that they used the good Phil's name for such an improper way of conducting a business...
angry_face.gif

Sep 12, 2008 at 3:38 AM Post #11 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by IceClass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder if Phil will reappear with a Diablo 2 type product?
One can live in hope.

He's at triad audio now, you should pay attention to them.

Sep 13, 2008 at 6:40 AM Post #14 of 53
My guess right is that he's in the middle of selling the business, he's a friend of mine, and he's mentioned before that he's been approached by those willing to take over and sell his current line of products and actually deliver, people who have taken over such projects before.

Larry is nice guy but got in over his head, there were a couple times were he had shipped some international orders to distributors, with amp and wall warts in tow, and the distributor wonders why the amps are breaking, seems they decided to throw his wall warts away and used some non spec'd stuff breaking the amps, when Larry had told them they were using incorrectly spec'd PSUs they'd get fussy (language barrier) and ask for their money back, which obviously hurt the other orders, he got fed up with dealing distributors felt he needed to get out the biz, but we're talking about the little guy who invested his 500 and some change in a pocket amp, so if anyone has purchased any amps from him that need attention or need to be delivered, shoot me a pm or an email including your contact info and or phone number, I've not forgotten about you Erickzen, im still trying to get a hold of him and get your pr2 back to you, also at this point i don't think he can issue you refund but he can get you an amp if he's aware.

sergioco@comcast.net

Sep 22, 2008 at 5:12 PM Post #15 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by xtreme4099 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've not forgotten about you Erickzen, im still trying to get a hold of him and get your pr2 back to you.

I appreciate your effort and sorry you got caught in the middle. Even if he doesn't want to fix the amp, just have him send it back to me. I'll pay for shipping, parts, whatever. I just want to get it back at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back