Lark Studio ::OFFICIAL NEW THREAD:: Reviews, Impressions, Discussion
Dec 13, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #17 of 43
Might not be the right thread for this, but Lark Studio is apparently releasing a LSIV IEM at some point (they’re showing off the prototype this weekend in Japan).

Probably won’t be targeting the same users (4BA, 4 way vs. the 10BA LSX), but interested in seeing how this one turns out!

Dec 13, 2018 at 9:06 PM Post #18 of 43
A couple LSIV pics - once again, any customization costs are already included in the normal price, which is always nice.

60D57280-082E-4921-9C0F-1BF3E2D6BEA4.jpeg
23551C21-CCE6-48CC-97FF-D3832758EA6F.jpeg

Dec 14, 2018 at 1:25 AM Post #20 of 43
@bannanaOoyoo, are there any info for the price?

Nothing I’ve heard yet. If I get a chance to stop by the shop, might badger the owner for the price info though :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jan 8, 2019 at 9:53 PM Post #21 of 43
@bannanaOoyoo, are there any info for the price?

Price for LSIV in Japan is supposed to be around 50000 yen (~$450). There are rumors that it’ll be a Japanese exclusive though (or possibly Japan/Korea? Local distributor seems to be working on it).

Prices elsewhere, if it becomes available, are likely to be higher.

Jan 15, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #22 of 43
Jan 23, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #23 of 43
Very nice.

I've updated the second post of the thread to link to various reviews and such. Keep them coming folks. :)

Jan 23, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #24 of 43
Have to say I am missing the LSX sound already with it's organic detailed nature and the easy fit for a universal.

One amp I would loved to of heard these with would of been the Rupert Neve's RNHP amp as from experience it should be a killer pairing but if anyone does if they can update here on their impressions of a LSX with the RNHP that would be interesting.

Jan 26, 2019 at 12:23 AM Post #25 of 43
Feb 11, 2019 at 4:33 AM Post #26 of 43
I've posted my review up here on Head-Fi to go with my mates'. This is a great first entry from Lark Studio. I can't wait to hear the LSIV. Some news on the LSIV, it is out in Japan and East Asia, but it is the kind of soft launch often seen in Asia. There may still be some tweeks.

Lark Studio LSX in a sentence: it's a warm headphone with powerful bass and refined mids that will appeal to a wide swath of the listening public at a very good price in custom and universal.

The review has comparisons to the Noble Kaiser Encore, the Unique Melody Mentor V3, Unique Melody Mason V3, UERR, and the HiFiMAN RE2000 Silver.

Some pics:
46167893192_287261b702_b.jpg

46167892222_a8a9dc4574_b.jpg

46167896732_f2df031f0d_b.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2019 at 5:17 AM Post #27 of 43
I've posted my review up here on Head-Fi to go with my mates'. This is a great first entry from Lark Studio. I can't wait to hear the LSIV. Some news on the LSIV, it is out in Japan and East Asia, but it is the kind of soft launch often seen in Asia. There may still be some tweeks.

Lark Studio LSX in a sentence: it's a warm headphone with powerful bass and refined mids that will appeal to a wide swath of the listening public at a very good price in custom and universal.

The review has comparisons to the Noble Kaiser Encore, the Unique Melody Mentor V3, Unique Melody Mason V3, UERR, and the HiFiMAN RE2000 Silver.

Some pics:
46167893192_287261b702_b.jpg

46167892222_a8a9dc4574_b.jpg

46167896732_f2df031f0d_b.jpg

LSIV is technically supposed to be a Japanese exclusive - whoever their distributor there is placed a 300-unit order for a Japan-only model.

That said, I know the distributor in Korea is working with Lark Studio to get it in Korea as well (though perhaps with a less Japanese tuning), and maybe the idea of a non-regional exclusive LSIV will get some traction.

Lark Studio is also working on an LSVI and an LSXII, so I’m looking forward to auditioning those as well whenever they get finished.

Feb 11, 2019 at 7:30 AM Post #28 of 43
LSIV is technically supposed to be a Japanese exclusive - whoever their distributor there is placed a 300-unit order for a Japan-only model.

That said, I know the distributor in Korea is working with Lark Studio to get it in Korea as well (though perhaps with a less Japanese tuning), and maybe the idea of a non-regional exclusive LSIV will get some traction.

Lark Studio is also working on an LSVI and an LSXII, so I’m looking forward to auditioning those as well whenever they get finished.
Your information is incomplete. The LSIV will be a worldwide release. The worldwide tuning might be different than the Japanese tuning, though, hence 'tweeks' mentioned earlier. I know that the British distributor will get the worldwide release, and I know that Linsoul already has the LSIV version that is already out in Asia, which does allow you to buy it now wherever you are in the world, but the tuning might not be the worldwide release tuning. I haven't heard any version of the LSIV yet, but hope to in the near future.

Asian companies do this type of regional release a lot. They put something on the market, and then modify for worldwide release.

Feb 11, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #29 of 43
Your information is incomplete. The LSIV will be a worldwide release. The worldwide tuning might be different than the Japanese tuning, though, hence 'tweeks' mentioned earlier. I know that the British distributor will get the worldwide release, and I know that Linsoul already has the LSIV version that is already out in Asia, which does allow you to buy it now wherever you are in the world, but the tuning might not be the worldwide release tuning. I haven't heard any version of the LSIV yet, but hope to in the near future.

Asian companies do this type of regional release a lot. They put something on the market, and then modify for worldwide release.

Huh, interesting. Glad to see that the Linsoul price is in the mid-400s as well - makes me hopeful that the local price won't be too crazy.

Feb 11, 2019 at 8:17 AM Post #30 of 43
Huh, interesting. Glad to see that the Linsoul price is in the mid-400s as well - makes me hopeful that the local price won't be too crazy.
Unique Melody has separate Japanese releases, and even 64Audio has had tunings specifically for the Asian market. Multiple versions of the same named IEM isn't really a new thing, but it's also not something that a whole lot of people pay attention to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back