Laptop headphone jack sound imbalance
Jul 7, 2010 at 11:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

JeFFz

500+ Head-Fier
My laptop has been fine all the while until last night, when i plug my earphones in the headphone jack and played music etc, the sound on the right is louder than the left. My earphones are perfectly fine and i tried other earphones too and the sound is still imbalance. Tried out the speakers and they work fine as well. 

I checked the volume control setting and the L/R are balanced. Anyone knows how to solve this or is there any possibilty that i have triggered some shortcuts that makes the right sound louder? Or is my headphone jack spoiled?

If it's spoiled, im thinking of getting an external soundcard, think this might solve the problem? What are the better choices for external sound cards along the cheaper price range?

Jul 14, 2010 at 11:45 PM Post #2 of 2
First off, before buying anything, click the links in my sig. There's a lot of overpriced fad products out there.

If this just started, it might be your jack. Try twisting the connector, make sure it's in ALL the way. Update drivers, just in case. If not, then I suggest buying a used E-MU 0404 (can be had for around $100).
Cheaper solution: just use windows to change the balance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back