Lansing-enclosures website update! Customization?
Apr 29, 2004 at 4:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

MooseyDoom

New Head-Fier
www.lansing-enclosures.com

Yay, Lansing finally launched their new site. Too bad they don't have pics of the different colors beside beige. I think a black anodized case would look really sleek.

Just wondering if anyone has had lansing do any customized cases for them? http://www.lansing-enclosures.com/ma...tom/index.html

How much was the service, and how was their customer service? Thanks in advance. I'll probably be calling them eventually...
biggrin.gif

Apr 30, 2004 at 4:33 PM Post #4 of 8
From lansing page: Quote:

Changes to height and width are Level 2 modifications. While they can entail significant tooling costs, they often become practical in quantities approaching 10,000 pieces.

What a modest quantity. I don't think even Headroom has that high of a volume on many of their amps. In fact I would think that majority of products that are normally sold in this type of enclosure would not have much more than 10,000 pieces ever sold (say, electronic instruments and such).

Apr 30, 2004 at 4:36 PM Post #5 of 8
No, but that's just for height modification on the Graybox. I think the silkscreening (especially) and other simpler customization such as holes don't require such volume and reasonable economies of scale can be reached at much lower quantities...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back