Land of The Lost marathon, People!
Jun 4, 2009 at 3:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Samgotit

Headphoneus Supremus
No, not the movie.

Some of the most enjoyable bad acting and pitiful claymation known to 70's television, not to mention the awful banjo theme song:

SciFi channel marathon (today thru 05:30 PM):
Schedule | On Air | SCIFI.COM

I was not amused to see the movie version was to be a comedy. It's still going to suck, but now, after watching two original episodes, I see there is no other direction a movie copy could go. It's just too damn silly. The movie may suck, but the fact that it's a parody means it won't suck nearly as bad as that mindless piece of steaming crap Iron Man, the half dozen worthless Hulk movies or the swill that was the last two Spider Man films.

You guys really must see the original Land of the Lost. Like I said, I just watched two original episodes; I'm shocked.

Sleestacks rule the earth!

Jun 4, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #2 of 4
If only I didn't have to be in the office until the wee hours tomorrow morning. Shame, since "Land of the Lost" was a staple of childhood and I haven't seen an episode since I was a kid.

I'm not sure about the movie; it's only redeeming quality may be that the Sleestacks are still guys in rubber suits, sans CGI updates.

I wonder if the rest of the Kroft shows are now due for a comeback.

Jun 5, 2009 at 2:46 AM Post #4 of 4
They already had a marathon on Memorial Day. My five year old niece started screaming when my brother shut the TV off because she liked it so much. My siblings and I never missed an episode when it first aired when we were kids.

I would suggest that everyone stay clear of the movie. Aside from the fact that it is getting poor reviews, it doesn't look like it has all that much to do with the TV show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back