LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING
Jul 1, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #61 of 1,046
I recently purchased a Lampizator Amber DSD only DAC direct from Lukasz. Build time was incredibly fast (2 days) and I received the AMP in perfect condition two days later. I was initially intending to get a L4 DSD only DAC but Lukasz said that the Amber with all the upgrades is essentially the same in this scenario (DSD only and single-ended) so I managed to save quite a bit of money. I'll wait a few days for the duelund caps to burn in before I post more impressions but initial impressions are very positive.

My setup is now Amber DSD DAC -> EC Balancing Act with Px4 and Tung-sol BGRP 6F8G -> HD800 and HP3000

Jul 1, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #62 of 1,046
  I recently purchased a Lampizator Amber DSD only DAC direct from Lukasz. Build time was incredibly fast (2 days) and I received the AMP in perfect condition two days later. I was initially intending to get a L4 DSD only DAC but Lukasz said that the Amber with all the upgrades is essentially the same in this scenario (DSD only and single-ended) so I managed to save quite a bit of money. I'll wait a few days for the duelund caps to burn in before I post more impressions but initial impressions are very positive.

My setup is now Amber DSD DAC -> EC Balancing Act with Px4 and Tung-sol BGRP 6F8G -> HD800 and HP3000

Congratulation my friend :wink: 

And yes if you going for DSD exclusively then as Lukasz said to you honestly
going for Amber made you nice saving without compromising  the quality :wink: 

We are looking forward to hear your further impressions. Give Duelunds at least 
3 weeks of full day run for complete settle up, but after few days you will be able 
to get out of them at least 80% of what they are capable to :wink: 

Jul 1, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #63 of 1,046

congrats as well. Don't know the amber that well. So is your version dsd only or just adding dsd capability. Also curious what you replaced the amber with and comparisions. also what tubes does the amber use. My guess is tube rolling might improve things since amber is their "mass produced" line and therefore using more easily obtainable tubes vs best tubes

Jul 2, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #64 of 1,046
congrats as well. Don't know the amber that well. So is your version dsd only or just adding dsd capability. Also curious what you replaced the amber with and comparisions. also what tubes does the amber use. My guess is tube rolling might improve things since amber is their "mass produced" line and therefore using more easily obtainable tubes vs best tubes

Thanks gregdee and Crashem!

I used to use a modded sacd player to get dsd output to a DIY TPA Buffalo DAC with SRPP output stage, I used this setup for more than 4 years so was mainly looking for a change.

My version is DSD only since most of the stuff I listen to are sacd rips. I'm lucky enough to have a pair of pinched waist 6922 so that's what I use with the Amber DAC instead of the stock tubes. I haven't got around to rolling rectifier tubes yet but will probably do that as soon as I can get my hand on some,  

Jul 3, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #65 of 1,046
My BIG 7 has arrived about two weeks ago. I will do a post as Ina mini review in a little time .
So far it's fantastic it plays it's best for me with a iMac and aurdivana plus . ALso it with my PC I7 and ppa PCI x and cd power supply and ppa red USB cable with Jriver 19

Although DSD is fantastic with my B7 it does PCM so good it's almost like I do not need DSD . Mine is EML 45 build solid plate . I have a set of EML globe anniversary 45 tubes but I have not used them as yet. It just sounds really good as is. Other dacs I own are the ps audio DS and MSB stack platinum plus , galaxy clock and diamond psu .
I have not done a direct comparison as yet , but clearly the lampizator is way above my DS . I do feel the lampizator is as good or even better than my msb . But in different types of presentation . When I get back from my vacation in NC. I will, do a A/B to map out better the difference in them . The USB is so good it does not benifit from my AP1/PP OR OFFRAMP 5. To me so far the USB as is is just the way to go . The level of realism is just amazing with every thing I play .
Al

Jul 4, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #66 of 1,046
My BIG 7 has arrived about two weeks ago. I will do a post as Ina mini review in a little time .
So far it's fantastic it plays it's best for me with a iMac and aurdivana plus . ALso it with my PC I7 and ppa PCI x and cd power supply and ppa red USB cable with Jriver 19

Although DSD is fantastic with my B7 it does PCM so good it's almost like I do not need DSD . Mine is EML 45 build solid plate . I have a set of EML globe anniversary 45 tubes but I have not used them as yet. It just sounds really good as is. Other dacs I own are the ps audio DS and MSB stack platinum plus , galaxy clock and diamond psu .
I have not done a direct comparison as yet , but clearly the lampizator is way above my DS . I do feel the lampizator is as good or even better than my msb . But in different types of presentation . When I get back from my vacation in NC. I will, do a A/B to map out better the difference in them . The USB is so good it does not benifit from my AP1/PP OR OFFRAMP 5. To me so far the USB as is is just the way to go . The level of realism is just amazing with every thing I play .
Al

congratulation !

some pictures ?

Jul 4, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #68 of 1,046
ALRAINBOW said:
I found these for ya
Al

Thanks a lot. Wonderful...

Jul 4, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #69 of 1,046

So it sounds like the Lampizator Big 7 is your clear #1 DAC choice - even over the MSB and the DirectStream.  It looks like your work in comparing DACs is complete.  Now it's time for more music listening!  :)

Jul 5, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #70 of 1,046
For those of you with Lampizator that uses 6X5 rectifiers, I have been experimenting and am surprised how much a difference they made.  I won't bore you with details.  Ended up using Bendix primarily which gave my lamp a huge soundstage but seemed to move your listening position back to a few rows (with all the positives and negatives of that).  Originally, the Lamp had too much in your face bass for me.  The Bendix took care of that.  Just tried the tung sol black/silver plate and I actually might like them better.  Basically it moved the listening position up a couple of rows.  So the bass is more noticeably present, but the soundstage shrink a tiny bit.  But I actually like the overall effect better.  Really want to try some tung sol staggered plates and brimar 6x5 and at least one ST shaped 6x5 still.

Jul 5, 2014 at 6:26 AM Post #71 of 1,046
Another review of Lamp DSD with Part Time Audiophile revisiting it:

http://parttimeaudiophile.com/2014/07/04/lampizator-dsd-dac/#more-8815

Jul 5, 2014 at 7:38 AM Post #72 of 1,046
Godd morning. I read the review although it's was nice the review was confusing .
I felt it lacked cohesive thoughts throuhgt . He says he likes it but his methods drive me crazy. He uses new music to test a new DAC who does this ? i own the B7 and maybe this is part of me being annoyed at the way the review was done . as i am not afn of the best and never will be . what i can say in owni ng it is its clearly one of the best . you own it as well how did you feel about bthe review .
al

Jul 5, 2014 at 8:11 AM Post #74 of 1,046
For me I am using a ps audio cord and the ps audio P5 power regen unit. The sound is fantastic. Best with my iMac and AUrdivana plus . It is the way it sound closes to the MSB stack I have. The sound is fantastic .

Al

Jul 11, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #75 of 1,046
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue74/lampizator_7.htm

New positive review for us. A

Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back