LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING
Nov 19, 2014 at 6:52 AM Post #286 of 1,051

if you search the threads here about lampi dacs. someone rolled rec,s and it did effect the sound stage . he commented on its effects. very good read. I think it was a level 5 or so.
al

Nov 19, 2014 at 7:12 AM Post #287 of 1,051

I own a pair of the 101d psvane  metal base. nice looking tubes and extremely detailed and huge stage. but for me a bit too thin overall . the 6a3 is better. I like more meat but still very cool tubes. I think having a dac that can roll tubes is paramount to this hobby and soooo much cheaper than rolling interconnects or amp tubes. a fellow audio bud has a very detailed and transparent systems they sounded good on one of his systems but not on a another. the lampi dacs are a marvel and an audio dream in being able to set the sound we want by rolling.  ps audio has firmware changes as such firmware rolling . but the dac is way below the standards of a lampi 5 and up . I have not rolled myself any rec,s tubes . I will but time is precious for me  . but the B7 I have is the best audio investment I have made to date.
al

Nov 19, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #289 of 1,051
I would like to share my experience using my LCD2 with my rig (Details in my signature).
As I have not heard sublime headgears (As yet, or had the opportunity/except in HiFi shows....) , I am of the view that what I have is simply amazing.....

I am using the KR300B with RT 5R4GYS (D Getter).

I think the only upgrade is:

1. WE300B, engraved base with WE 274B (engraved base)....which is NOT going to happen, unless I win the lottery.
2. Elrog 300B.... Which is going to happen.

So...

The Lamp is the Champ
That removes the musical cramp
Rattles the ear wax, melts them, zaps them
Feeds you pure organic juice
Leads you up musical Ramp

Nov 19, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #290 of 1,051
Getting down to brass tacks.

The Lamp tube rolling possibilities is the icing on the cake and is almost the cake itself.

I like the 300B, the KR300b in particular as the bandwidth is more complete. I am hoping the Elrog 300B will blow this out of the water. Perhaps the Elrog is not really a 300B?

Some reputable Japanese Tube designer said Psvane 101D is not really the true one. He was of the opinion that the WE ST101D would be better, if you could not afford the Balloon.....

I will try the 2A3 or the 45 later

The rectifier is another nipple to tweak. My one is the one I have stated earlier. Leaves the other behind. 

My 2c.

Nov 19, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #292 of 1,051
Your KR300B reminds me of my KR-PX4......tempted to try PX4, but not sure if I can use.

Nov 19, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #293 of 1,051
  Getting down to brass tacks.

The Lamp tube rolling possibilities is the icing on the cake and is almost the cake itself.

I like the 300B, the KR300b in particular as the bandwidth is more complete. I am hoping the Elrog 300B will blow this out of the water. Perhaps the Elrog is not really a 300B?

Some reputable Japanese Tube designer said Psvane 101D is not really the true one. He was of the opinion that the WE ST101D would be better, if you could not afford the Balloon.....

I will try the 2A3 or the 45 later

The rectifier is another nipple to tweak. My one is the one I have stated earlier. Leaves the other behind. 

My 2c.

Have you tried the 6A3 yet? Perhaps you are in for a treat and for small $$$ comparatively speaking! Check out the thread at theartofsound.net by User211.

Nov 19, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #294 of 1,051
Have you tried the 6A3 yet? Perhaps you are in for a treat and for small $$$ comparatively speaking! Check out the thread at theartofsound.net by User211.

Have not tried this Wisnon......thanks, seems like something to chase.
Will do.
Regds
East side...

Nov 20, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #295 of 1,051
Will try the 6A3...

Nov 22, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #300 of 1,051
For my Lampi 4+, there are a few ways to optimize the sound:

-- footers if the DAC is anywhere near speakers or other cause of vibration
-- Platinum grade Siemens E82CC / 12AU7 output tubes (original tubes measured fine but were faulty)
-- mundorf bypass cap upgrade (smoother sound)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back