Lake People G108 impressions?
Dec 10, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #16 of 26
I got the Lake people G-108 about 2 weeks ago and connected it through the XLR inputs to an Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer/DAC and I am extremely happy with the synergy between these two devices and the great sound coming out of my headphones.
Hi, is it good for IEMs? I mean hiss and volume control ( is there enough space? ), thanks in advance

Dec 10, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #17 of 26
Hi, is it good for IEMs? I mean hiss and volume control ( is there enough space? ), thanks in advance
Hello,
I used my setup only with over the ears headphones so can’t really answer your question directly. However, you can adjust the internal gain switches of the G-108 which can help the IEMS overcome noise level specifically.

Dec 10, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #18 of 26
Hello,
I used my setup only with over the ears headphones so can’t really answer your question directly. However, you can adjust the internal gain switches of the G-108 which can help the IEMS overcome noise level specifically.
many thx for your answer, just one question, which are yours most sensitive overears and where you set the pregain for them? thanks

Dec 10, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #19 of 26
many thx for your answer, just one question, which are yours most sensitive overears and where you set the pregain for them? thanks
I have three close back headphones and all work at about 30 ohm impedance so no problems driving them at the default gain setting of the G108 with the volume knob set at about 25-30% setting as I’m not a loud listener. There is plenty of gain room left for difficult to drive planar headphones like HIFIMAN Susvara for example.

Dec 10, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #20 of 26
I have three close back headphones and all work at about 30 ohm impedance so no problems driving them at the default gain setting of the G108 with the volume knob set at about 25-30% setting as I’m not a loud listener. There is plenty of gain room left for difficult to drive planar headphones like HIFIMAN Susvara for example.
thanks👍 so there should be no problem for iems by the lowest pregain setting... Im using aune s17pro for my overears, but for iems it is too loud on first volume step and I want one more hp amplifier which is iems friendly... thanks

Dec 10, 2023 at 2:53 PM Post #21 of 26
thanks👍 so there should be no problem for iems by the lowest pregain setting... Im using aune s17pro for my overears, but for iems it is too loud on first volume step and I want one more hp amplifier which is iems friendly... thanks
Great 👍… just one clarification in case you are not aware…. If you were to use the G108, if you want to adjust (lower the pre-gain for your IEMs) the pregain switches are internal-adjust only so you do need to open the chassis to reach them.

Feb 18, 2024 at 11:54 PM Post #24 of 26
ADI 2 DAC FS + G108 mkll + DT 1990 Pro = wow!
With analytical pads and Sommer Epilogue xlr cables.

Guess germans know one or two things about professional audio.

Lately I prefer professional audio gear for my headphone use. "Audiophile" equipment has lost much reputation before my eyes...

I really like this combo!

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2024 at 7:38 AM Post #25 of 26
Anyone experienced the difference between the G108, G109, G111? Also G105, while we are at it.

Last edited:
May 4, 2024 at 9:47 AM Post #26 of 26
Can the op amps be swapped out or are they soldered in place? I also saw pics of the circuit board elsewhere and I noticed there were dip switches. Is that considered to be user serviceable and is it encouraged to experiment with those settings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back