Lady GaGa
Jun 16, 2010 at 8:13 PM Post #166 of 194
Wow, I'm listening now and it is a great improvement. Dynamics exist?!? I hear a bit more sibilance on the album, now, but that is more than tolerable for this level of quality. I had the FLAC from the CD and it is a large difference. Hooray vinyl rip. 

Quote:
so this thread hasnt seen life in a while, but this is amazing, pbthal just put up a needle drop for the fame monster, and there is no brickwalling to be seen!! its amazing, go check it out

http://pbthal.blogspot.com/2010/06/lady-gaga-fame-monster-original-promo.html

Edit: pic for proof, thats bad romance, top = vinyl, bottom = cd

Jun 16, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #167 of 194

Quote:
Wow, I'm listening now and it is a great improvement. Dynamics exist?!? I hear a bit more sibilance on the album, now, but that is more than tolerable for this level of quality. I had the FLAC from the CD and it is a large difference. Hooray vinyl rip. 

exactly, there are a few things that arent quite as good, but its definitely a case of the good outweighing the bad by a prety large margin. im surprised at how much better the bass got. Much more detail in the bass.

Jun 25, 2010 at 2:53 AM Post #168 of 194
Anyone else hear the bit in the beginning of Telephone, where the first line is heard a moment before it is actually there? (That is a pretty poor description. Tired.) It doesn't exist at all in the CD version I have.

Jun 25, 2010 at 10:28 AM Post #169 of 194

Quote:
Anyone else hear the bit in the beginning of Telephone, where the first line is heard a moment before it is actually there? (That is a pretty poor description. Tired.) It doesn't exist at all in the CD version I have.

yep i do as well, i wonder if its supposed to be there? i think my only complaint on this needle drop is the vocals on so happy i could die, i love that song, and the vocals sound pretty awful, i wonder if it was a recording error and could be fixed my needledropping that song again...

Jul 6, 2010 at 1:41 AM Post #171 of 194

Quote:

It's common on vinyl and old tape.

Jul 6, 2010 at 2:21 AM Post #172 of 194

Quote:
It's common on vinyl and old tape.

hmm, good to know LFF 
biggrin.gif

did you check out the needledrop by the way? it really does sound much better. though maybe you dont like lady gaga...

Jul 6, 2010 at 4:38 AM Post #173 of 194

Quote:
hmm, good to know LFF 
biggrin.gif

did you check out the needledrop by the way? it really does sound much better. though maybe you dont like lady gaga...

I do actually like Lady Gaga. So much in fact, I have my own remasters.
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 6, 2010 at 4:56 AM Post #174 of 194
Lady Gaga ......

I actually think  she has a good chance of really doing something different , she can sing , her tunes are catchy ( I love Bad Romance , Just Dance and Poker Face) but she needs to sing more and show less in my opinion ( she is always showing her body , dunno , she thinks she's hot but she is not )

Jul 6, 2010 at 5:04 AM Post #175 of 194

Quote:
Lady Gaga ......

I actually think  she has a good chance of really doing something different , she can sing , her tunes are catchy ( I love Bad Romance , Just Dance and Poker Face) but she needs to sing more and show less in my opinion ( she is always showing her body , dunno , she thinks she's hot but she is not )

I'd like to see her give classical compositions a shot. Piano solos, concertos, anything really. I bet she could do a great job. I'd also like to hear her cover some jazz standards.

Jul 6, 2010 at 11:17 AM Post #176 of 194

Quote:
I do actually like Lady Gaga. So much in fact, I have my own remasters.
tongue_smile.gif

I would love to hear how those sound!

Mar 2, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #179 of 194
I find her pretty ugly, indeed. She somehow remembers me Madonna, not a beauty, doing herself a bad favor trying to be hot; but, with something different to offer. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back