lady gaga headphones :o
Sep 9, 2009 at 7:57 AM Post #31 of 57
wow; amazed the mods havent done something about this thread; I dont know who she is, its obvious she is a bit of a puppet, but seriously guys a bit of decorum wouldnt go astray. ever wonder why we dont have too many women members??

Sep 9, 2009 at 8:05 AM Post #32 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brewmaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's pretty sad that you won't even give them the benefit of the doubt. I say goodbye HD-800's, hello Lady Ga Ga headphones.

Come on, with a quality name like "Monster" behind them how can they be anything but great?

If your post wasn't sarcastic, I think I ought to know a few things about monster's products. I'm a big fan of the beats though I know very few people here are. But really, I am anticipating these headphones are just going to be a fashion accessory unlike the turbines, tours, or beats. < All good to decent quality headphones.

Sep 9, 2009 at 8:20 AM Post #33 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ill post a link.. sorry if its been posted, cant see it

Lady Gaga headphones launched at IFA News - PC Advisor

whos gonna bite the bullet? :p

oops, found it my bad

Aw man how could you! You never checking the few first pages?..
k701smile.gif

Sep 9, 2009 at 8:49 AM Post #34 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Being produced by dre doesn't mean a single thing, he has no solid credentials apart from making beats for lame rappers.

i really hate statements like this. the same could be said for every popular musician out there; every single one. listen to any music: they all follow others. some great jazz musicians: sound just like the bands which preceded the. Rock, much worse. electronic: same thing.

because you hate rap does not qualify you to post such comments. dre happens to be the father of american rap - he isn't just a producer, he is a musician of another breed. the problem with rap is that it simply isn't understood by a large enough portion of the American population. For some reason, in the world of music, people choose which to hate and which to love - a choice that comes less from real personal taste than from environment.

Dre is as much a musician, and more than most other people you will hear on the radio - any radio.

Sep 9, 2009 at 9:12 AM Post #35 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i really hate statements like this. the same could be said for every popular musician out there; every single one. listen to any music: they all follow others. some great jazz musicians: sound just like the bands which preceded the. Rock, much worse. electronic: same thing.

because you hate rap does not qualify you to post such comments. dre happens to be the father of american rap - he isn't just a producer, he is a musician of another breed. the problem with rap is that it simply isn't understood by a large enough portion of the American population. For some reason, in the world of music, people choose which to hate and which to love - a choice that comes less from real personal taste than from environment.

Dre is as much a musician, and more than most other people you will hear on the radio - any radio.

100% agree , there is a snobbery in audiophile circles, if you are not listening to Diana Krall or Classical then you know nothing.
Dr Dre has produced some amazing work and his own work stands up.

Sep 9, 2009 at 9:48 AM Post #36 of 57
Quote:

He didn't say he hated rap. He said Dre made beats for lame rappers. I'd tend to agree. 50 Cent is lame and has no lyrics. GZA. GZA has lyrics. As far as DRE being the father of "American" rap. No, no, no, [size=small]NO!!![/size] If anyone, it is Grandmaster Flash, or even Afrika Bambaataa. It's true that Dre was a pioneer in gangster rap, but only after failing miserably at a lot of other musical genres. *cough* World Class Wreckin' Cru *cough* And he most certainly didn't do it alone. NWA was a lot of other people. Most notably Eazy-E and Ice Cube. Also, while Dre's techniques behind a mixer are unquestionable, his skill behind a mic is not. There's a lot of evidence that his albums are ghostwritten. A man named Percy Carey penned a majority of the "Chronic" album. Study your history... "Day by Day..." Now, a lot of pop stars use writers. But to call this gangster rapper a pop star... That's kind of an oxymoron? But, I mean to say, if you didn't already understand his scam from the start. The image, that is. He's a smart guy, and he's not even from Compton. It'll be interesting to see how these do in the market.
popcorn.gif

Sep 9, 2009 at 10:06 AM Post #37 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do not think this means what you think it means.

EDIT: Just in case you were wondering, choking yourself while you beat off. That's what it means. Is that really how you would have killed yourself?

Sorry for the double post, but ^ that ^ is epically funny. Made me choke on my pretzel. WHICH IS MAKIN' ME THIRSTY!
icon10.gif

Sep 9, 2009 at 10:26 AM Post #38 of 57
Do you guys think that the quality of music today has degraded in some way? They make songs very lively, catchy which gain popularity. Well, look at the underlying themes of some pop music...almost all about love, se*, drug and vice references, anything that is considered offensive - and people still want these kind of stuff?

Sep 9, 2009 at 12:59 PM Post #39 of 57
Thank you for the interesting clarification, but I think the point is missed: calling music lame because you don't like the lyrics is short-sighted. I could care less if Dre is or is not from Compton, but rap, as it stands now in Industry backed America is propped up on the legs that Dre established.

Ice Cube is another rapper whom I respect for a variety of reasons. Lyrics, mic power - it still boils down to personal preference. The same could be said for a variety of any musician and musical type. Judging by the fact that there are two threads about these earphones for a total of 6 or more pages, I reckon these will do well - there simply isn't a reason they won't.

Normal people are becoming interested in high end - and to a normal person, monster is high end in comparison to the variety of chinese oem buds. Here in Korea, the same is happening. I see university age kids and even high schoolers with Triple Fi and the like. Many are Bose - simply put, people are not settling for stock.

When a big name like monster can pull off a coup like this, it will probably show soon enough in the marketplace.

Quote:

Originally Posted by San7a /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He didn't say he hated rap. He said Dre made beats for lame rappers. I'd tend to agree. 50 Cent is lame and has no lyrics. GZA. GZA has lyrics. As far as DRE being the father of "American" rap. No, no, no, [size=small]NO!!![/size] If anyone, it is Grandmaster Flash, or even Afrika Bambaataa. It's true that Dre was a pioneer in gangster rap, but only after failing miserably at a lot of other musical genres. *cough* World Class Wreckin' Cru *cough* And he most certainly didn't do it alone. NWA was a lot of other people. Most notably Eazy-E and Ice Cube. Also, while Dre's techniques behind a mixer are unquestionable, his skill behind a mic is not. There's a lot of evidence that his albums are ghostwritten. A man named Percy Carey penned a majority of the "Chronic" album. Study your history... "Day by Day..." Now, a lot of pop stars use writers. But to call this gangster rapper a pop star... That's kind of an oxymoron? But, I mean to say, if you didn't already understand his scam from the start. The image, that is. He's a smart guy, and he's not even from Compton. It'll be interesting to see how these do in the market.
popcorn.gif

Sep 9, 2009 at 4:48 PM Post #40 of 57
Quote:

Thank you for the interesting clarification, but I think the point is missed: calling music lame because you don't like the lyrics is short-sighted. I could care less if Dre is or is not from Compton, but rap, as it stands now in Industry backed America is propped up on the legs that Dre established.

Ice Cube is another rapper whom I respect for a variety of reasons. Lyrics, mic power - it still boils down to personal preference. The same could be said for a variety of any musician and musical type. Judging by the fact that there are two threads about these earphones for a total of 6 or more pages, I reckon these will do well - there simply isn't a reason they won't.

Normal people are becoming interested in high end - and to a normal person, monster is high end in comparison to the variety of chinese oem buds. Here in Korea, the same is happening. I see university age kids and even high schoolers with Triple Fi and the like. Many are Bose - simply put, people are not settling for stock.

When a big name like monster can pull off a coup like this, it will probably show soon enough in the marketplace.

Your first two sentences are strange. Rap is about lyrics. Without lyrics, it wouldn't be rap? Bad lyrics = bad rap music... Just my opinion, but, I think it's pretty clear. It's like saying you don't care for Orchestral music that involves a lousy orchestra. Understand? Of course, it's all subjective and doesn't matter much anyway. People will like who they like.

Again, Dre didn't establish rap music. And he didn't establish gangster rap alone. And yes, Ice Cube is sick. His early work stands on its own. And he wrote it all himself (He even penned some of Eazy-E's tunes, most notably "Boyz-n-the-Hood").

The rest of your post I agree with, and goes without saying. I don't see how it's a "coup" though. These cans/buds are coming from a very wealthy place, and being pushed by those already in the public light. It's a guaranteed success. If they have stock, you should invest and sell in the next 6 months.
beerchug.gif

Edit: Just for fun, if you haven't heard Eazy's response to "Dre Day," it's definitely worth a listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsdLn46UXnA. I'm pretty sure that song got him killed.

Sep 9, 2009 at 10:47 PM Post #41 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow; amazed the mods havent done something about this thread; I dont know who she is, its obvious she is a bit of a puppet, but seriously guys a bit of decorum wouldnt go astray. ever wonder why we dont have too many women members??

Personally I found it funny not offensive. But considering the usual mod response, I'm surprised.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjsoviet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you guys think that the quality of music today has degraded in some way? They make songs very lively, catchy which gain popularity. Well, look at the underlying themes of some pop music...almost all about love, se*, drug and vice references, anything that is considered offensive - and people still want these kind of stuff?

I think music today has lost a lot of both it's technical and emotional depth. It just does not stand up to old school, "cool" jazz ala Dexter Gordon or classical music. There are still independent artists who do make interesting music, sometimes still within a pop structure, but popular music in general seems to be mainly business-oriented and aimed at the lowest denominator.

Sep 10, 2009 at 12:49 AM Post #43 of 57
Quote:

Your first two sentences are strange. Rap is about lyrics. Without lyrics, it wouldn't be rap?[/url]

Look up turntablism.

Turntablism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:

Bad lyrics = bad rap music... Just my opinion, but, I think it's pretty clear.

Wrong. A lot of 'old-school' hip-hop has 'bad' flow and great beats e.g. Gangstarr, Jeru Da Damaja.

Quote:

Again, Dre didn't establish rap music.

True. But he did pioneer / popularise G-funk rap music. The 'pioneered' part is contested as an Above The Law album has elements of this before 'The chronic' was released. Afrika Baambaataa and Zulu nation is widely recognised as the pioneers of hip-hop.

Sep 10, 2009 at 1:09 AM Post #44 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Antony6555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally I found it funny not offensive. But considering the usual mod response, I'm surprised.

I think music today has lost a lot of both it's technical and emotional depth. It just does not stand up to old school, "cool" jazz ala Dexter Gordon or classical music. There are still independent artists who do make interesting music, sometimes still within a pop structure, but popular music in general seems to be mainly business-oriented and aimed at the lowest denominator.

Mass-market music, in short.

Sep 10, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #45 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Look up turntablism.

Oh, so DJ Q-bert is a rapper now... Oh, okay. Rap music is rooted in the lyrics, beats are just garnish. I don't listen to wack MC's. It's not my prerogative. Even the dopest beat couldn't save terrible lyricism. It would render the track useless.

Quote:

Wrong. A lot of 'old-school' hip-hop has 'bad' flow and great beats e.g. Gangstarr, Jeru Da Damaja.

Once again, that's subjective. I can't believe you just said Jeru has a bad flow... You gotta be kidding me... ! "You Can't Stop the Prophet" ... What? Never been a fan of Gangstarr.

Quote:

True. But he did pioneer / popularise G-funk rap music. The 'pioneered' part is contested as an Above The Law album has elements of this before 'The chronic' was released.

Dre is a mighty chameleon. I don't doubt this.

Quote:

Afrika Baambaataa and Zulu nation is widely recognised as the pioneers of hip-hop.

It's all rap to me now. I once knew a distinction, and even advocated for one, but it's useless campaigning.

Edit: I'm very much down to continue the discussion, but I don't want to stray from Gaga...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back