labor and parts warrenties questions
Jan 2, 2006 at 11:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ZMstephen21

Head-Fier
hey
im a huge technology newbie (im only 14 give me a break)
i purchased a zen micro about 2 weeks ago and i wanted to go on creative.com and check out the extended warrenty and i dont get whats the difference between the 1 year labor warrenty and the 60/90 (cant remember)
labor warrenty? does this cover problems such as the headphone jack problem for a year?

(edit) 1 year parts warranty

Jan 3, 2006 at 12:01 AM Post #2 of 7
Well firstly the 69/90 vs 1 year/2year/whatever refers to time that the product is under warranty. That said, what is covered (or not covered), depends on what is stated in the warranty. Sometimes labor will be covered for a shorter time than parts, or something like that.

Jan 3, 2006 at 12:19 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZMstephen21
hey
im a huge technology newbie (im only 14 give me a break)
i purchased a zen micro about 2 weeks ago and i wanted to go on creative.com and check out the extended warrenty and i dont get whats the difference between the 1 year labor warrenty and the 60/90 (cant remember)
labor warrenty? does this cover problems such as the headphone jack problem for a year?

Well, my headphone jack broke (it was actually partly my fault, coupled with the original defect) after 5 or 6 months of use and they replaced it. New one works fine!
biggrin.gif

Jan 3, 2006 at 1:16 AM Post #4 of 7
did you purchase the extended warrenty for the headphone jack problem?

Jan 3, 2006 at 3:02 AM Post #5 of 7
It means that for the first 90 days, it would cost you nothing to get the repaired, but after 90 days, up to the full year, only the parts are free. The labour they do on your product (the actual work and repairing) will cost you accordingly.

Jan 3, 2006 at 6:20 AM Post #6 of 7
I suppose Apple is kind of bad with the service charge after 6 months, but a 90 day labour warranty is kind of lame on a electronic product like this. I expect a full year or more. How much does the extended warranty cost, and what does it cover?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back