L4D
Nov 18, 2008 at 2:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

2deadeyes

1000+ Head-Fier
Any Head-Fi'ers staying up tonight to play L4D?
biggrin.gif

Ping 2deadeyes tonight if you wanna get a game going on Steam
wink.gif

Nov 18, 2008 at 5:52 AM Post #2 of 36
Sad story, I pre-ordered in a few weeks ago, but I chose that free shipping on amazon.com, so my copy will eventually come a week or so from now.
frown.gif

Nov 18, 2008 at 6:00 AM Post #3 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2deadeyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any Head-Fi'ers staying up tonight to play L4D?
biggrin.gif

Ping 2deadeyes tonight if you wanna get a game going on Steam
wink.gif

I'm going to wait for some impressions after the first week goes by. I have been burned on some of my recent PC game purchases. I figure, I'll let someone else use their $50 as the genie pig this time.
wink.gif

Nov 18, 2008 at 8:19 AM Post #4 of 36
When there's some release you're anticipating, and it isn't super rare or uncommon, then never preorder it online. Just take a trip to the shops and buy it! Instant gratification!

But l4d, I played the demo, and it is very good, a team game that really makes you feel like a team. Go alone, and you die, it's very simple in that regard. Alas, it's a game that needs to be played often to get its real worth, which I don't have time to do
frown.gif

Nov 18, 2008 at 9:34 AM Post #5 of 36
Can anybody post some screens? Thinking of buying the game as well..
Oh and I gather that the game's online multiplayer? Does high ping affect gameplay in a way that makes it unplayable? (since I would like to game with somebody almost living on the other side of the globe..)

Nov 18, 2008 at 9:55 AM Post #6 of 36
I'll post some screens shortly, but I love this game. As vagarach said, it truly is a team based game, where there is an emphasis on the team, especially communication and cooperation.
biggrin.gif
I'm only stopping because I should be writing my paper on Descartes' argument of wax for tomorrow. The game is mainly online multiplayer, but there is a single player campaign that almost emulates online play but the NPC's aren't as good as their human counterparts.

High ping should factor into how the gameplay will be. It is a fast paced game at times, so if the zombies are already lagging on you...

Nov 18, 2008 at 2:36 PM Post #8 of 36
Not really the game I'm after. I don't have time to play games atm but I try to finish Far Cry 2. After that probably Fallout 3.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 18, 2008 at 2:43 PM Post #9 of 36
Not me... But I am sure others around here are..
smile.gif

Nov 18, 2008 at 2:59 PM Post #10 of 36
I'll be picking the game up sometime next week.

Nov 18, 2008 at 4:09 PM Post #11 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gollie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going to wait for some impressions after the first week goes by. I have been burned on some of my recent PC game purchases. I figure, I'll let someone else use their $50 as the genie pig this time.
wink.gif

I know the feeling of being burned - most recently Fallout 3 for me.

L4D is really fun and MUST be played on EXPERT to really enjoy with a team of 4. Man, I can't wait to head home and start canning zombies.

Nov 18, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #12 of 36
Got my copy last night around 5 and played until 2am. My eyes feel like they're filled with sand, but it was worth it. Hit up GlendalveViper13 on Xbox Live if anyone wants to play. This game is a riot.

Nov 18, 2008 at 6:03 PM Post #13 of 36
I pre-ordered it on steam; and was waiting up at 12 to launch with a couple buddies.

All I can say is "wow", I had to get up at 6; but I was up till 2 hunting survivors in "Versus" mode; and it was a blast. First game I think I can get into since TF2 came out; and this seems much better after ~10 hours on demo and 2 last night.

-Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back