L3000 + SS amp... which one?
Sep 28, 2005 at 5:21 AM Post #16 of 20
Hi guys, I'm planning to upgrade my amp and ..... :p thinking to get earmax amp. I just wondering how does it perform with other headphone beside L3000 (lets say Senn 650/DT880/K1000).

Secondly, What the different between anniversary ed. and the pro one (beside the power supply and case
biggrin.gif
), and does the anniversary gain much in term of sound compare with the pro one.

Any suggestion for other amp also welcome :p

Thanks for the info

Sep 28, 2005 at 5:37 AM Post #17 of 20
Hi Nicola, I've been meaning to give the L3000's a good listening session on the Sugden Headmaster but haven't been able to get to it yet. I didn't want you to think that I was ignoring your email request. I'll get to it soon, I promise!

Sep 28, 2005 at 11:35 AM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Hi Nicola, I've been meaning to give the L3000's a good listening session on the Sugden Headmaster but haven't been able to get to it yet. I didn't want you to think that I was ignoring your email request. I'll get to it soon, I promise!

Wayne,

good! In the wait I have ordered the Sugden that is just shipped... see you later.

The EarMax AE with EHg tubes are AMAZING, neutral sound... The L3000 is so transparent...

I'm also waiting for another SS amp... this is my last test with some good SS amp, just to see if the L3000 becomes "analytical" depending by the driver or if they still keep the highest grade of musicaliti and passion.

Best!
Nicola

Sep 28, 2005 at 12:30 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik
I’m using the L3000 with the EarMax AE and I’m very happy with this setup. I’d like to have even a SS amp to add at the system…

Which is the best SS amp for the L3000 in your opinion?

Best!
Nicola

Call your friend there in Trieste, he can help you out....
biggrin.gif

Sep 28, 2005 at 12:40 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
Incidentally, i've read on these forums somewhere the amp unit in the m902 is derived from that corda amp mentioned. Perhaps a rumor?

As Alex mentioned the crossfeed on the m902 is from Meier but the headphone amp section is identical to the one in the m901.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back