L3000 on eBay
Dec 9, 2008 at 11:47 PM Post #2 of 25
Very cool, and NIB too! Cant justify spending 3500.00 on it though.

Its not worth it in my eyes. Although if i has a huge disposable income, i definately would. They are definately collectors items and great phones.

Just not 3500.00 great imo.

Dec 9, 2008 at 11:47 PM Post #3 of 25
When did the price bump up to 3500$?
confused.gif

Dec 10, 2008 at 12:24 AM Post #4 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When did the price bump up to 3500$?
confused.gif

When sellers decided to make use of it's limited edition-ness and convert it into money.
tongue.gif

Dec 10, 2008 at 1:41 AM Post #5 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadneddz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very cool, and NIB too! Cant justify spending 3500.00 on it though.

Its not worth it in my eyes. Although if i has a huge disposable income, i definately would. They are definately collectors items and great phones.

Just not 3500.00 great imo.

I really doubt it is new judging from the seller's feedback and the item under question... maybe just a used one in really good condition.

Dec 10, 2008 at 2:00 AM Post #6 of 25
The seller of that overpriced l3000 is crazy, he is also trying to sell the edition 9 for 2200$
rolleyes.gif

Dec 10, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #9 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm curious, what's the fair going price for the L3000?

Should be around 2500-2700.
I've been thinking seriously about grasping a pair but that price is absolutely ridiculous, even if it's a NOS.

Dec 10, 2008 at 5:08 AM Post #12 of 25
I just can't understand people. Is there a golden rule somewhere in the world saying that the price of Object A must be within x and y this year even though it's limited edition and it can only increase by a small margin each year?

Dec 10, 2008 at 5:18 AM Post #13 of 25
True. The actual determination of the market price will be made if and when he sells it. If he gets 3.5k then thats the market price. Especially in a tiny market such as the L3000, one sale could set a precedent and dictate the market price from now on. At the very least it would drive other L3000 sellers up a couple hundred.

Dec 10, 2008 at 5:26 AM Post #14 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just can't understand people. Is there a golden rule somewhere in the world saying that the price of Object A must be within x and y this year even though it's limited edition and it can only increase by a small margin each year?

If you think there shouldn't be that rule, someday you will have to buy, for example, an used HD650 @ 1000$ if it's discontinued.

I personally think we do need the price range for these phones. If not, we would see some stupid prices, like 4,500$ for the PS1, keep popping out.

Discontinued stuffs always bring something fancy though.

Dec 10, 2008 at 6:13 AM Post #15 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you think there shouldn't be that rule, someday you will have to buy, for example, an used HD650 @ 1000$ if it's discontinued.

I personally think we do need the price range for these phones. If not, we would see some stupid prices, like 4,500$ for the PS1, keep popping out.

Discontinued stuffs always bring something fancy though.

But you have to understand that the HD650 was not limited edition prior to it's discontinuation if it ever gets discontinued but the L3000 was. But of course it depends on the demand as well. $4,500 PS-1's. That should be the price in a couple of year's time possibly if the demand reaches up.
tongue.gif

Limited edition products will always go up in price linearly or exponentially depending on demand. Where as discontinued unlimited products would most likely have a different story. Lol.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back