L3000-G photos
Nov 19, 2005 at 2:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

edisonwu

Headphoneus Supremus
Photos were taken by someone on the internet in Hongkong...Thanks for sharing!

aam.jpg

aan.jpg

aah.jpg

aak.jpg

aal.jpg

aag.jpg

aaf.jpg

aae.jpg

aad.jpg

aac.jpg

aab.jpg

aaa.jpg

aai.jpg

aaj.jpg

Nov 19, 2005 at 3:19 AM Post #2 of 47
Thanks for the pics, i do find this phone beautiful to the eye, although it cries out for a matching recliner!
biggrin.gif

Looking at the partial serial # plate seems to indicate a seperate serialization for the aston martin model. (G02?/50) rather than the (T???/500) of the standard color.

Nov 20, 2005 at 12:35 AM Post #3 of 47
Mmmm... It seems like it uses a better leather than the normal one on the back of the headband.

The finish on the leather of the back of the headband on all the L3000 is not at the same level than the leather on the cups or the front of the headband.

The finish on the leather of the back of the headband on the L3000G has the same quality you can find on cups. Smooth, flat, without marks.

Not that relevant anyway... It's sound what matters.
rs1smile.gif

Nov 20, 2005 at 2:47 AM Post #8 of 47
I'm not an AT fan, but I think it is beautiful! Better than the tan L3000 IMO. It just looks so retro!

Nov 20, 2005 at 4:20 AM Post #10 of 47
tan plastice just reminds me of this old transformet toy i once had. the look is pretty plasticky no? i'd prefer the silver metallic plastic look of the sonys. the green is nicer looking than i thought it would be tho!

Nov 20, 2005 at 4:40 AM Post #11 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
tan plastice just reminds me of this old transformet toy i once had. the look is pretty plasticky no? i'd prefer the silver metallic plastic look of the sonys. the green is nicer looking than i thought it would be tho!

The frame piece around the earcup is actually magnesium. The stuff above the swivel joint is plastic though. It's that way on the w2002 also.

I love the look of the green L3000 and I'd have a pair to match my tan set if it wasn't for the significant price premium. Those are some freakin' awesome pics, btw!

Nov 20, 2005 at 10:13 AM Post #12 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn

Yes Jahn, those parts look a bit plasticky in person. Same for the normal L3000.

I like a champagne color over a silver one for a change. It can be very nice and classy when it's well done, but the finish here is a bit plasticky.

Nov 20, 2005 at 3:56 PM Post #14 of 47
Wow...very beautiful headphone....I even prefer the green over the tan on my L3000. Wish I had the money to pay for the different. Very nice man. I also noticed that the leather on the green might be better than the tan version.

Nov 21, 2005 at 12:10 AM Post #15 of 47
Very super nice finish. The headphone is fully hand making.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back