KZ ZSN Pro.
Jan 9, 2020 at 6:58 PM Post #16 of 17
Yeah he seems to have a nasty side that comes out too often.
It’s much easier to simply ignore those types of people.
He can interact with the other forum members if he wants.
There are lots of people he can talk smack to. Lol
But not me :)

Feb 8, 2021 at 1:26 AM Post #17 of 17
The imaging and soundstage on these are really impressive with an EQ for the price. Stock sound is still decent but V-shaped, but with the EQ these are a great BA + Dynamic combo you can get for so cheap. I would be ok forgoing my Etymotic ER4PTs for these if I had to, and hell it's a good long term solution because if anything happens to them It's only a $25 replacement.

The Pro X's I have are very sensitive at 112 db/mW so hissing is quite present from a laptop output. Also one thing I dislike about them is either the dynamic driver is slow or it's far positioning from the ear causes it to sound slow due to echoing inside the casing before hitting the eardrum. I think the dynamic+BA combo sounds interesting and works in its own way, and once EQd or with a proper tuning it really can sound speaker-like. The good thing is with the BA being inside the canal tube it ends up being deeply inserted and sounding great. Treble sounds pretty much as good as an Etymotic. Deep insertion can really change the sound of an earphone, like the Hifiman RE400s for example sound so much better with increased clarity due to insertion depth and this can be achieved with either smaller tips or the right shaped tip. The Etymotics also sound much better when deeply inserted while a more shallow insertion with the foam tip sounds wrong to me.

I think I'll end up using the ZSN Pro X's often but not all the time with the great BA treble clarity and large soundstage. Really good sound when EQd for the price but man I wish it had a more neutral treble out of the box.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back