kx driver for audigy 2- too much bass?
Oct 9, 2007 at 12:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

TempleOfEar

Banned
has anybody run the newest kx driver for audigy 2 under vista? i have and yes, it does clean up and mellow out the sound a lot but also with a wall cracking bass boost. everything under 40hz or so is so extremely loud i actually had to turn my subwoofer off and its still head shaking. and since kx console doesn't work in vista i have no way of knowing if any eq is enabled. i'm running in kernel stream tho so maybe its the original sound of the driver? what do you guys think?

Oct 9, 2007 at 12:35 AM Post #2 of 3
there's a new kX driver?
I thought development was stopped years ago...
but then to have vista support..it would seem I'm already wrong.

--after a bit more thought

I do not believe kX drivers would be likely to run with any EQ settings on default. Have u enabled the switch between the the green and black port? (something about creative sound cards having a better DAC or something of the sort...in the chain to the output..so there's an option to swap the green and black ports.) Right now my black port is my main analog output (The front left/right).

Oct 9, 2007 at 1:41 AM Post #3 of 3
well its whatever the latest version they have posted on their website. i only have my sound card go spdf out and letting the receiver handle the dac. i do have a lite-ah coming soon tho. but i dunno, maybe it might be an issue with vista but the sound was overwhelming for while then it got unbearable after couple songs. the bass was just killing all the detail. i've switched back to creative driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back