Kumitate (くみたて) Lab: A Triumph and Celebration of DIY - Impressions Thread
Nov 28, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #166 of 376
I saw the price jumps a few days ago, actually not too bad if you were using dollars before and compare the converted prices back in july to now.

For the Kanon, the base price has gone up, but the switch option (which adds 2x drivers and does some phase trickery) went down considerably.  I priced the same configured Kanons that I bought back in July with current prices, both converted to dollars and it's only like 100 bucks more now.

The new model looks nice, but I'll have to give it a shot in January. 

I keep asking for 8+ BAs...  :)

I thought I got a super steal on the Kanons before, now the prices seem "right".  I wouldn't let it stop me from buying another pair. 

I do think that their custom art is a tad expensive though, at 5.5man+ The maple leaves are fscking beautiful though.

I ordered up my KL-REF during July as well, paying in Singapore currency, the price is more or less the same before and now. Kumitate Lab justify the price hike is due to rising production cost as a result of the weakening yen, so it will most probably only have a greater impact on the local people.

Yea. The KumitateK design option are really quite expensive. But nonetheless the designs were amazing, whenever they try to accept limited orders for it, it will be sold out within a short period of time.

Will like to hear your thoughts about the KL-Lakh the next time you visit them again since I most probably wouldn't be heading to Japan anytime soon maybe until May 2017.

Dec 9, 2016 at 6:40 AM Post #173 of 376
Epic setup! Congratulations with your new toys :)

Thanks.
Congrats on your purchase!! Hope they will be here at canjam singapore!

I do hope that Jaben will bring in them again as well. Would like to take a listen at their new model KL-Lakh.
Wow.  That's the first I've seen of a dual connector housing - bravo.  Epic setup, indeed.

Just priced the KL-Kanon Switch, and my wallet is sad.

Thanks. Am feeling slightly disappointed over the price rise as well.

Dec 10, 2016 at 3:17 AM Post #174 of 376
ICYMI Kumitate Labo are now taking direct international orders for their CIEMs and cables, their UIEM, Trio however will remain via distributors only. Head to their english (I use the term loosely tho, more Googlish) website for more info.

Emiko-san writes and converses in english well tho.

Jan 31, 2017 at 8:37 AM Post #180 of 376
Im interested In the KL-REF wonder how it sound compare to campfire audio Andromeda, I really enjoy the sound of Andromeda

Users who are viewing this thread

Back