KSC75...testify!
Nov 13, 2006 at 8:18 PM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dept_of_Alchemy
Yeah, couldn't agree more. I also find that the Koss is very material dependant, as in that some CDs would sound especially terrific with them while others come out sounding rather uninvolving. I use the HD650 as reference.

Rather than say the KSC75 are source dependent, I'd say they reveal the limitations of the source which again highlights just how good these phones really are.

Nov 13, 2006 at 9:01 PM Post #18 of 28
ahh,, i posted in another thread asking how these compare to the koss portapro`s
smily_headphones1.gif

i expect this is the better thread to ask in
rolleyes.gif

so,, how do these compareto the portapro`s..
580smile.gif

Nov 13, 2006 at 9:10 PM Post #19 of 28
after listening to them for a few days, i have to say when i switch back to my hd595's, the sound muffled. but in the end, the ksc75's are fatiguing to me. i still think they're great, i just can't listen to them for more than an hour or 2.

Nov 13, 2006 at 9:17 PM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chivalry
ahh,, i posted in another thread asking how these compare to the koss portapro`s
smily_headphones1.gif

i expect this is the better thread to ask in
rolleyes.gif

so,, how do these compareto the portapro`s..
580smile.gif

they have the exact same drivers, the only difference is the headband. Since the headband presses the drivers harder onto the ears, they sound a tad bit bassier. It's really just a style/comfort/convenience thing.

Nov 13, 2006 at 10:22 PM Post #21 of 28
The 75's are not the same as the Portapro/Sportapro/35's. They driver was changed and they sound slightly better. The 75 is the better of the two with more balance; not as much bass and a little tighter bass. There are still some who swear by the original boomier ones and they will give you a fight on it(the 35 vs. 75 debate).

I had 3 of the 4 of myself at one time or another and I bought my brother the 35's for christmas one year. I left them for good with the FX55's. They retired my Sportapro's being a little bit more fun plus isolation. They also made me return the 75's as I really couldn't tell the two apart. After burn-in I knew they would best the fx55's but the lack of isolation cancelled that out.

These $12-$15 phones are a great deal pricewise but I can't go back there again. They aren't quite good enough anymore. Strange to hear people mentioning them in the same breath with big time phones. My CD780's and Elecom OH700's are not high up there with the big boys yet would keep the Koss in the drawer for good if I even still had them. The A250 was a much better deal IMO.

I still consider the Koss 60ohm driver the gateway or starting point to good sound. Had both them and SR60 back in the day and the SR60 left first as they were not as fun though slightly more extended and detailed.

Nov 13, 2006 at 11:47 PM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by jssmail
anyone can tell me which one would win if ksc75 vs px100 ????

hmm... that i am sure is one of those ongoing debates such as dt-880 versus 650, versus k701 versus every other similarly and priced and new headphone. however, it is almost certain that the px100 came out as response to koss 75/35/55/porta/sport pro line as an affordable and foldable design.

for the money though, i'd save and go for koss. but then, i realise that i am probably a little biased.
orphsmile.gif

Nov 13, 2006 at 11:58 PM Post #23 of 28
Due to the ksc75 being my general purpose bash about cans I now have 2 of them, one modded and one vanilla. I like them. Yes, they are not quite Stax 003 or MS1's but then they are cheap as muck and sound perfectly good irrespective of their lowly price. I give them a nice big fat thumbs up from over here in the cheap seats.
cool.gif

Nov 14, 2006 at 12:22 AM Post #24 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by jssmail
anyone can tell me which one would win if ksc75 vs px100 ????

I find the sound of the two to be very similar, but if I had to choose...pound for pound the KSC75s win out. I still love my PX100s, though, and I find them more portable because I can rest them on my neck when not in use. I hate having to disconnect, wrap up, and pocket the KSC75s all the time. Plus, when I do that the cord gets tangled and the ear clips often fall off. I still use them often though, for a change of pace.

Nov 14, 2006 at 1:13 AM Post #25 of 28
KSC75/35/PortaPro are different. KSC75/35 use titanium drivers - PP do not. IMO the PortaPro is best of the three, then 35, then 75. One certain songs with female vocals ksc75 is piercing. I was seriously concerned about my hearing when I had them on.
biggrin.gif

Nov 14, 2006 at 2:35 AM Post #26 of 28
KSC-75 was my first foray into head-fi and I can honestly say one of the best purchases I ever made (During Radio Shack's $9.99 sale).

They're fun phones and no matter how many times I put them aside for another pair of phones, I always find myself coming back to them.

Plus they're so easy to recommend to other people. My sister tried mine once and loved them so much, that she hasn't given them back for about 4 months now!! My dad bought a pair for himself cause he tried them a couple of weeks back and loved the synergy with his shuffle. Heck, my sister's best friend smashed up her i-buds and dragged me into Rat-shack to help her get a new pair. She couldn't understand why I would ever recommend a phone like that to her, but she picked it up anyway and 48 hours later, she still can't stop talking about how much better they sound than even her brother's pair of EX51s.

Truly are one of the best headphones out there, and it will certainly be a sad day when Koss ends production on them.

Nov 14, 2006 at 4:57 AM Post #27 of 28
anyone know where I can get these at a reasonable price here in australia? They cost 64 bucks at my local headphones store.
frown.gif

cheers,

Nov 27, 2006 at 10:05 PM Post #28 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by appophylite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and it will certainly be a sad day when Koss ends production on them.

WHAAATT!!!??!!! I hope not!! What about the...No-Questions-Asked Lifetime Warranty?!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back