KSC75/PX100 worth fixing?
Mar 31, 2010 at 2:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

)v(ajin_R_

100+ Head-Fier
I have a pair of ksc75s and PX100s which are both not working properly, I'll say that I'm a complete newbie to anything related to DIY since I haven't even soldered anything together before.

I'm wondering if its worth trying to fix these or throw them out, the ksc75 i think the driver in the photo just needs to be connected to the cable but I don't really know how to do this so it works. The PX100's driver which is disconnected from the frame isn't working, I'm thinking it could also be a cabling issue.

I know Koss have life time warranty on the KSC75's but I don't have a receipt and I'm in Australia so it's probably not worth the shipping costs when I can get a new pair for around $25. The PX100's are a bit more expensive so I'll probably have to throw them out or find a way to fix them :p

If anyone can help me with ideas or what to do me and my ears would definitely be appreciative! Without these I'm currently listening to some sony noise cancelling headphones (mdr-nc6) and prefer the sound of both of these headphones.

Mar 31, 2010 at 2:26 AM Post #2 of 9
Fix them, both are pretty good.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 31, 2010 at 7:30 AM Post #5 of 9
Alright so fixing it is, the next question is how
biggrin.gif

For the ksc75's I've seen clips of soldering those two split ends together via melting a thin piece of metal with a soldering iron. How do I connect the split ends to the driver so that sound works, I tried pressing each end to where they are supposed to go but no sound came out but it was with my fingers lol.

PX100's have no idea how to fix or even open, I'm just guessing that maybe the cable is loose on the driver lol.

Mar 31, 2010 at 9:59 AM Post #6 of 9
The KSC75s have wire that has an enamel coating around it. You should remove that first and then solder the wires to the appropriate pads. A good way to do that is to burn the enamel of with some hot solder. Do it right and your wires will be tinned and ready for soldering too.

The PX100s should have (very) tiny (I believe philips) screws. Look for them and see if you can open them.

Good luck!
beerchug.gif

Mar 31, 2010 at 1:33 PM Post #7 of 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back