ksc75 ISOLATION mod. PICS!
Jun 14, 2007 at 2:22 AM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha911 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How wide is the opening for your ear on he Peltor's. If they are around 1-1/2"
or a little smaller, the drivers should fit in there, for anyone interested.

It's 1-1/2"

Jun 14, 2007 at 3:23 AM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice!

I think that the most important key is to find a pair of Earmuffs that are comfortable. Because I have tried on a few Earmuffs of varying models, and let me tell you, those things can be VERY uncomfortable, almost making the K 81 DJs seem like fluffy pillows in comparison.

wink.gif

Yes. I have some nice earmuffs that isolate ALOT, but they are VERY uncomfortable, clamping and sweat inducing. Not nice.

Jun 14, 2007 at 4:32 AM Post #18 of 24
I tried this once and the sound was quite abismal. The shape of the inside of the earmuffs probably has a large effect on the difference in sound quality. Maybe I should try it again but not while I'm outside mowing.

Jun 14, 2007 at 6:42 AM Post #19 of 24
Sweet mod, man. That fixes pretty much the only thing I don't like about the KSC-75s, the fact that ambient noise makes them difficult to use. Thanks for posting this!

Jun 14, 2007 at 5:25 PM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by clc220 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
judging by the mod wouldnt the drivers touch the ears if u have big ears ?

Probably. When I didn't have the ksc75's pads reversed, I could feel the foam on my ears very lightly and it was very annoying. When I reversed them, my ears didn't touch anymore. Maybe if your ears are larger, you should keep the foam pads 'un-reversed'.

Jun 14, 2007 at 7:47 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by werdwerdus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried this once and the sound was quite abismal. The shape of the inside of the earmuffs probably has a large effect on the difference in sound quality. Maybe I should try it again but not while I'm outside mowing.

x2. The Koss KSCs need a lot of volume of air behind them and some stuffing,else they sound super crap.

Jun 20, 2007 at 8:05 AM Post #23 of 24
As the mod provides insane isolation, does it suffer from the typical microphonics that IEMs have? In other words, would this mod be good for running on a fairly loud treadmill (private and indoors)? The cheap headphones I currently use must compete with the loud ambient treadmill noise, and I want to be able to hear when I'm 40. I'm concerned about the heavy breathing that will be amplified if the mod is similar to an IEM's effect, but I'm also concerned for my hearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back