KSC75 Burn-in!FIRST TIME EVER
Apr 23, 2010 at 12:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

yearsofwisdom

100+ Head-Fier
This is my first pair of real headphones or at least good ones. I had the apple-inear ones before but the sound was just too weak. What do i do to get the best sound out of these?

Apr 23, 2010 at 1:02 AM Post #2 of 32
Listen to them.

Seriously, if you're worried about how to properly burn in a $13 pair of headphones, I'm afraid of what you'll do deeper into this hobby.

Apr 23, 2010 at 1:08 AM Post #4 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Injury /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Listen to them.

Seriously, if you're worried about how to properly burn in a $13 pair of headphones, I'm afraid of what you'll do deeper into this hobby.

That, plus you can always look up the "Kramer mod" for them, in which you drill strategically-placed holes into the metal that's on top of the driver.

Edit: Dammit JDGAFFLIN, you beat me to it by a few seconds.

Apr 23, 2010 at 1:09 AM Post #5 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That, plus you can always look up the "Kramer mod" for them, in which you drill strategically-placed holes into the metal that's on top of the driver.

You know, I'm still planning on doing that some day
ksc75smile.gif

Apr 23, 2010 at 2:21 AM Post #8 of 32
Just enjoy them. At least until upgraditis sets in
wink.gif

Apr 23, 2010 at 2:58 AM Post #9 of 32
Even after owning 200-300 dollar headphones, I absolutely LOVE the KSC75, without REAL burn-in OR mods. They are freaking great as-is.

Apr 23, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #10 of 32
Mad Lust Envy, I am right there with you. After trying numerous mid range phones, I am yet to find phones that I like as much for just listening to music.

Apr 23, 2010 at 10:29 PM Post #12 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even after owning 200-300 dollar headphones, I absolutely LOVE the KSC75, without REAL burn-in OR mods. They are freaking great as-is.

Same. I have more than half a dozen pairs of what I think are nice headphones but I probably use these more than any other headphone I own. Enjoy!
biggrin.gif

Apr 23, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #13 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by anadin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dont worry about higher end cans, enjoy the KSC75's while you can.

Ditto - it's a great little headphone. The closest you can get to truly high-fidelity listening without spending $$$$. There are better headphones out there, but not without going down that road to $$$$.

Apr 23, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #14 of 32
Whoa cool I am getting my first KSC75 next week. I paid 11 pounds for them, that is slightly more than 13 dollars. I wait for them anxiously.

I wonder how they compare to my Sennheiser HD 438 which were 66 euros.

Apr 23, 2010 at 11:27 PM Post #15 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by yearsofwisdom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is my first pair of real headphones or at least good ones. I had the apple-inear ones before but the sound was just too weak. What do i do to get the best sound out of these?

Don't listen to low bit rate!

I had my KSC75 on my head for 7 hours today...using a headband, not the clips. Buy the headband here for $2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back