KSC75 Burn-in!FIRST TIME EVER
Apr 23, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #16 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't listen to low bit rate!

I had my KSC75 on my head for 7 hours today...using a headband, not the clips. Buy the headband here for $2

I find the clips ok, but I've never tried a headband. Those are so cheap I want to try them.. I wonder where I could get something similar around here?

Apr 23, 2010 at 11:39 PM Post #17 of 32
To be honest the headband sucks. .... ... I actually tried the kscs out of a pair of sennheiser hd580s (saw Nikongod's pair and ofcourse had to do it too) and that was a lot better. The headband from Parts-Express just feels way too flimsy that the drivers are placed on your ear at an awkward angle. If you use the clips and properly use them (I've seen dozens of people use the clips and only 2 or three got it right without me telling them) they will sound better than with the Parts express headband. Remember to rotate them as far as they will go. If you do this the driver will follow the shape of your ear and the driver is actually angled into your ear. The same effect seen on the HD800 and the HD555/595 line and other much more expensive headphones.

Apr 23, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #18 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjinh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find the clips ok, but I've never tried a headband. Those are so cheap I want to try them.. I wonder where I could get something similar around here?

IMO, the headband does not suck. If you would like to try it but can't get them cheap or whatever, I'll sell you one of my spares in an unopened bag for $2 plus shipping to you.

Apr 23, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #19 of 32
tried the KSC75 for a week or so, gave them to my son and saw them in the garbage can after about the same time. They are $13 -$20.00 sounding things. Just my story.... don't hate.

Apr 23, 2010 at 11:56 PM Post #20 of 32
Quote:

IMO, the headband does not suck. If you would like to try it but can't get them cheap or whatever, I'll sell you one of my spares in an unopened bag for $2 plus shipping to you.

You have spares
biggrin.gif

I spend so much time with them I am definitely interested. Sending you a pm!

Apr 24, 2010 at 12:03 AM Post #21 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjinh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You have spares
biggrin.gif

I spend so much time with them I am definitely interested. Sending you a pm!

Oh yes, @ only $2 why not buy 5...I have 3 pairs of spare KCS75.
darthsmile.gif

Apr 24, 2010 at 12:08 AM Post #22 of 32
Quote:

Oh yes, @ only $2 why not buy 5...I have 3 pairs of spare KCS75.
darthsmile.gif

I know the KSC-75s are pretty cheap in the US ($10?). Here you'll pay about 40 Aussie dollars, but it's still ok.

Apr 24, 2010 at 12:08 AM Post #23 of 32
Quote:

I have 3 pairs of spare KCS75.

<embarassed> I have 2 spare pairs as well... (we really do have a problem, you know that right?)

Apr 24, 2010 at 12:15 AM Post #24 of 32
Well, I did buy 22 pairs...or was it 25??? When Radio Shack had them on clearance for $6 I cleaned them out. I sold many pairs here to members in many countries for $12~$15 shipped...I thought that was fair, I made $4 or $5 for my time waiting in line at the post office.

Apr 24, 2010 at 12:22 AM Post #25 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by spartan123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tried the KSC75 for a week or so, gave them to my son and saw them in the garbage can after about the same time. They are $13 -$20.00 sounding things. Just my story.... don't hate.

We all have different taste. I bought and modded a JVC HA-RX900 because they were getting praise here. I did not like them and gave them to my 11 year-old son. Just last week I told him to try my Senn HD 25-1 II and he thought they were too bright with too little bass. I guess the big bass on the JVC has him spoiled.
icon10.gif

Apr 24, 2010 at 12:22 AM Post #26 of 32
Quote:

Well, I did buy 22 pairs...or was it 25??? When Radio Shack had them on clearance for $6 I cleaned them out. I sold many pairs here to members in many countries for $12~$15 shipped...I thought that was fair, I made $4 or $5 for my time waiting in line at the post office.

LOL. Sounds fair to me, it was a good deal for everyone!

Apr 24, 2010 at 12:27 AM Post #27 of 32
Quote:

My Wife would KILL me if I did that!

Both of my kids are still really young (2 and 4), but they each have a pair of KSC-75's that they plug into a Total Bithead (dual jacks) and listen to Disney music from an iPod while I listen to my setup at home. I'm getting them started young!

Apr 24, 2010 at 12:29 AM Post #28 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by spartan123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For fun I tried the KSC-75 out of a 20W Class A headphone amp last night. They really surprised me! It wasn't perfect, but for their price, comparing them to what I was listening to at the same time, they certainly weren't bad.

Apr 24, 2010 at 12:31 AM Post #29 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by markkr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Wife would KILL me if I did that!

Both of my kids are still really young (2 and 4), but they each have a pair of KSC-75's that they plug into a Total Bithead (dual jacks) and listen to Disney music from an iPod while I listen to my setup at home. I'm getting them started young!

2 and 4? Man, what's going to happen to your wallet when they grow up?

Apr 24, 2010 at 2:29 AM Post #30 of 32
Step 1: Plug KSC-75 into your media player
Step 2: Enjoy your music
Step 3: Forget you heard of this place, and wipe out your browser's history
Step 4: Sit back and smile as you can spend money on music and not equipment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back