KSC35
Jan 27, 2002 at 9:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

gaineso

Low Frequency Boat Owner
Had to take the SO shopping in Orange Park this afternoon. Figured while she's in the craft store I'd run over to Cicuit City and see if I could pick up a mini phone to RCA cable to hook my laptop to my office receiver system.

Found 6' Belkin Pro clearanced at $5.99. They had 2 so I grabbed them.

At the register, there just happened to be some Koss 'phones. I looked and they had KSC 35's for $14.96 clearance. Got the 2 pair they had and also a pair of KSC 50's for the same price.

I'm listening to "Beach House on the Moon" right now on the 35s. It's really unbeleivable how good they seem to be. About 15 minutes total use. They aren't my HD 600s, But for $30.00 and great portability, easy to drive, had to turn the pcdp way down, decent bass, crisp treble. For $30.00 they are as good as everybody says and then some.

For $14.96 plus 7% sales tax. WWWWOOOWWWW. I was planning on ordering from Headroom tonight. Sorry Todd. I'm sure you can't buy them that cheap. I may check a few more stores this week.

Anyway. My HD600's just aren't really that satisfactory for walking and being outdoors, 'cause of the sweat factor. Now I don't have to give up that much sound for better portability. Thanks for the recomendation, and praise of these 'phones that prompted me to buy them. I think I foresee a lot of enjoyment.

Jan 27, 2002 at 10:53 PM Post #2 of 31
Another happy customer
biggrin.gif

Congrats, gaineso! And for $15!!!

Jan 27, 2002 at 11:06 PM Post #4 of 31
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!! *sigh*......everyone is enjoying the koss 35's except for me....
frown.gif

sure i have the 50's but its not the same......plus i paid a whopping $40CAN for them.....thats like $25 american....it doesnt seem like much in american but thats the canadian exchange rate for you.....

Jan 27, 2002 at 11:09 PM Post #5 of 31
Quote:

For $14.96 plus 7% sales tax. WWWWOOOWWWW.

They sound so good for so little, it's really kinda scary to think of the cost of the more expensive 'phones out there. Congrats gaineso........How does Kristofferson sound on them?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 27, 2002 at 11:12 PM Post #6 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by jlo mein
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!! *sigh*......everyone is enjoying the koss 35's except for me....
frown.gif

Same here, I've been waiting for them to come from headroom since 3 three weeks ago but it has not showed up yet. But $60.00CDN has already been charged to my credit card. *sigh*
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Jan 27, 2002 at 11:50 PM Post #9 of 31
These replies seem to indicate I done good.

Haven't tried Kristofferson yet. Got them set up on the laptop playing Buffett for some breakin time. Will report more later.

God I love a bargain.

Jan 28, 2002 at 12:07 AM Post #10 of 31
jlo mein
I don't know where there warehouse is unfortunately. But I am not mad because I do live outside of the US after all.

Quote:

Originally posted by Blighty
Pepsione1, I hope you are using USPS for the shipment of your KSC35s
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes I did use US Postal because its only USD$10.00 and there wouldn't be any brokerage fee.

Jan 28, 2002 at 1:00 AM Post #12 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by jlo mein
wow....three weeks....you live in ontario right??? where is the headroom warehouse located???

HeadRoom ships out of their headquarters in Bozeman, MT.

smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 28, 2002 at 9:54 AM Post #14 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by joelongwood

They sound so good for so little, it's really kinda scary to think of the cost of the more expensive 'phones out there. Congrats gaineso........How does Kristofferson sound on them?
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm listening to "The Austin Sessions" now.

Kenwood DPC601 pcdp, 6 years old, straight to KSC-35. No they aren't HD 600s. But even at full list price, they really make me wonder where diminishing returns curve reaches that point of rediculous expenditure for small improvements.

I could be very happy with this little setup.

I really have no idea of any of the specs on the Kenwood, although battery life is under 3 hours, closer to 2. It really seems to put out a clean sound though.

The KSC-35s. BASS-BOOST OFF. Clean, musical bass, the way I'd expect from a studio recording of country music. Not overwhelming, but there as a foundation for the music. Snares and female vocals crisp, without spitty sibilance. Mids, Kris voice, guitar, synthesizer all sound rich and pleasant.

The whole thing is capable of way more volume than I personally am willing to stand. My ears are old, and I want to take care of them.

In short, these things are really incredible. I never would have considered them if it wasn't for all the comments on this forum. Then get 2 for the price of one.

Sure makes me wonder. Still like my 600s better. Much richer sound. Very comfortable. Beautiful construction. Fantastic sound. Not great outdoors 'cause they're too hot. Beautiful sound. Incredible sound.

But.

$300.00 vs. $15.00

God I love a bargain, but when does it allow me to stop thinking about diminishing returns? Plus, really need an amp of some kind with the 600s.

Oh well, I still love The 600s + TA and they're still going to definitely be primary. If you haven't got KSC-35s, get 'em quick.

Edit: wrote this at 4:30 AM. Slight clean up. May have to kill the cat if he keeps getting me up at 4:00 hungry. My fault, I spoiled him.

Jan 28, 2002 at 12:54 PM Post #15 of 31
Blighty,

I did order a set of KSC-35's through Auctioworks, following their checkout screen, and I thought I had done everything correctly. Then I get this e-mail confirmation that says, "If you already haven't done so, please pay for the order on this link." I was given a tracking number for the order, which brought me right back to the beginning.

As of Monday, January 28th, still nothing debited from my VISA. I'm concerned that there's a glitch with my order or there's something a bit iffy with this Website.

Have no fear, as I have ordered a set from Koss, directly, and they're on route; I had been told that Auctionworks was out of stock, a week ago, and I was concerned I might miss out on the boat.....

smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back