KSC35
Jan 28, 2002 at 5:43 PM Post #16 of 31
Yes, I must admit the ordering system is a bit buggy at OZ Enterprises. I initially made an attempt to forward funds via paypal and received a similar message(which was natural) but the price was $54USD instead of a converted price ~34.50USD. I ordered a second time with my regular Visa and everything went well. I had Mr. Humayun(the owner I assume) cancel the first order. Apparently the online order tracking system is manually(last friday) updated. I had to write him for verification of payment and confirmation of shipment. He seems to be polite and responds to email very promptly despite the relatively low price of the item I was ordering. It was shipped last Friday so I would expect it in the next day or two. Shipping was obviously not the quickest but acceptable seeing that the business is probably run from a residence.

He mentioned that he had re-stocked with 10 pairs on the 21st of Jan.

Jan 28, 2002 at 8:56 PM Post #17 of 31
Buggy Website or not, my order still did not get through. I get very annoyed at such things and it makes me wonder why such organizations even have Websites if you can't order from it.

As long as my credit card info did not get transferred, no big deal as I have the KCS-35's (my first order) en route, but I would have taken the second pair of them as a 'spare,' or could have sold them quite easily. I doubt that Auctionworks have any more KSC-35's left at this point.

Jan 29, 2002 at 11:37 AM Post #18 of 31
I see that my VISA account has been debited for the KSC-35's through Auctionworks. I apologize for pre-judging them, as I was sure they had a glitch in the ordering system.

Well, now I'll have two pairs of KSC-35's....Should I sell off a pair or keep them? I guess this will depend on how much I like the phones, as their successors (the KSC-50's) aren't getting the same high praise and it would be a shame if I couldn't get replacement KSC-35's...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 29, 2002 at 12:55 PM Post #19 of 31
I got my KSC-35's too....I figured I had to get them before they disappeared since I would not be in the US until the summer. I am bringing my sister into the high-fi world with the TA and ER6 package from headroom (she really liked my ER4s's), so I just added them to the package. I let you know how they are when I hear them in August
frown.gif

Jan 29, 2002 at 6:42 PM Post #20 of 31
I just received my KSC-35s from Oz Enterprises today. They came in a cheesy oversized bubble mailer
smily_headphones1.gif
For the record, there is no 1/8 - 1/4 adapter. The packing and bag are also slightly different than advertised. I hope the earphones themselves have the same drivers as they look identical to regular KSC-35s.

1046952.jpg

1046953.jpg

Jan 29, 2002 at 6:51 PM Post #21 of 31
These clip-on cans *better* sound as good as everyone says, since I'll have two of 'em....
biggrin.gif

Jan 29, 2002 at 7:21 PM Post #22 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by Superbaldguy
These clip-on cans *better* sound as good as everyone says, since I'll have two of 'em....
biggrin.gif

You mean one for each ear?
confused.gif

Jan 29, 2002 at 7:30 PM Post #23 of 31
I guess this isn't so crazy to own 'back-up' headphones, as nothing lasts forever. Heck, I'm thinking about getting a second MZ-R909 (in red), since I like the unit so much and don't give a rat's you-know-what about Net MD.

Jan 29, 2002 at 8:33 PM Post #24 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by Superbaldguy
biggrin.gif

Having heard them, bought 2 pair at Circuit City, Orange Park, Jacksonville, FL, for $14.96 a pair as clearance, I would probably be willing to pay $45.00 for them. They are that good and I'm comparing them to HD600s, driven by a TA from a Harmon Kardon cdp line out.

KSC35s and Kenwood 6 year old pcdp sound just absofrackinlutely AWESOME! No, they are not HD600's. They don't cost $250 to $300 either.

I was going to order from Headroom, based on what I'd read here. Got them for a BARGAIN, and only wish they had more. I also got 1 pair KSC50. Haven't tried them yet. Same price. Don't worry about getting your moneys worth for $30.00 US. IMNSHO, they are worth twice that for the sound.

Jan 29, 2002 at 11:33 PM Post #25 of 31
Congrats! I paid euro50.10 (US$45) for my '35s, and I don't feel like it was excessive. (Having been walking through the store with '580s on my head at the time might have contributed to that feeling!

You're definitely right about the differences between the '600 and the '30. However, in all honesty I don't *want* any more fidelity from the Koss's, because they're background for me. I don't WANT to be sucked into a musical performance by them, as the '580s are wont to do. I just want to have a soundtrack to my life.

NP: Bernstein, "Overture to Candide" (Lenny B/NY Phil)

Quote:

Originally posted by gaineso
Had to take the SO shopping in Orange Park this afternoon. Figured while she's in the craft store I'd run over to Cicuit City and see if I could pick up a mini phone to RCA cable to hook my laptop to my office receiver system.

Found 6' Belkin Pro clearanced at $5.99. They had 2 so I grabbed them.

At the register, there just happened to be some Koss 'phones. I looked and they had KSC 35's for $14.96 clearance. Got the 2 pair they had and also a pair of KSC 50's for the same price.

I'm listening to "Beach House on the Moon" right now on the 35s. It's really unbeleivable how good they seem to be. About 15 minutes total use. They aren't my HD 600s, But for $30.00 and great portability, easy to drive, had to turn the pcdp way down, decent bass, crisp treble. For $30.00 they are as good as everybody says and then some.

For $14.96 plus 7% sales tax. WWWWOOOWWWW. I was planning on ordering from Headroom tonight. Sorry Todd. I'm sure you can't buy them that cheap. I may check a few more stores this week.

Anyway. My HD600's just aren't really that satisfactory for walking and being outdoors, 'cause of the sweat factor. Now I don't have to give up that much sound for better portability. Thanks for the recomendation, and praise of these 'phones that prompted me to buy them. I think I foresee a lot of enjoyment.

Jan 30, 2002 at 9:43 PM Post #26 of 31
Blighty and others, I did get my set of KSC-35's from Auctionworks, this morning. I've listened to them for about two hours, and......

They are incredible!
smily_headphones1.gif
Smooth, clean bass (no distortion that I got with my MX 400's), very tight and detailed. The highs seem to have come to life with my D-EJ925 using these things. Mids are just perfect. I forget they're even on my ears, as they are, clearly, the most comfortable cans money can get! Whoever designed these headphones should get a medal, IMHO.

Well, I guess I've settled the question in my mind if the KSC-35's were a better 'fit' (sonically) than buds for the 925. I think I'll use my 888's only for the MD equipment, from henceforth, although classical music sounds fabulous on the 925 with the 888's.

I've decided to keep the second set in a safety deposit box!
biggrin.gif

Jan 30, 2002 at 11:32 PM Post #27 of 31
Superbaldguy
Quote:

I've decided to keep the second set in a safety deposit box!

I know what you mean and I got mine cheap. They are definitely worth a LOT more.

Jan 30, 2002 at 11:46 PM Post #28 of 31
SBG,

I am glad you are impressed with their sound. I have been running mine for about 16hrs to see if there is any difference break-in makes for these cheap earphones. Out of the packaging they sounded pretty good once I figured out how easy they are to place on your ears. For the hour or so that I did listen to them, I think they compare well to Grado SR60s. I am not saying they are superior(yet) but they beat many other more expensive brands. When my B&O A8s arrive I can run a direct comparison between them to find the best portable earbud/phone. I dislike canal phones so that is not an option for me. I just do not feel comfortable being unable to hear my surroundings when on the go(dangerous IMO).

Jan 31, 2002 at 12:17 AM Post #29 of 31
Blighty,

The big problem for walking and active use is that 'canal' phones have that microphonic effect, which would drive me nuts. Ironically, I'd want isolation when I go for my long walks, as the traffic on the roads annoys the heck out of me.

Having open cans is a compromsie, for sure. I don't' see the point of buying a set of ER-4P's just to listen to music in my house. Of course, many Ety people live in apartments and dorms where nosie is a serious issue, or ride on a bus for several hours a day. If I wanted a closed can for private listening at home or in the office, I'd invest in something like the MDR-V6's, as they are efficient enough to be driven by MD units.

I don't see how breaking in the KSC-35's would result in better sound, as they sound terrific right out of the bubble wrap...
smily_headphones1.gif
Let me know if they do!

Still amazed that these Koss clip-ons are so *affordable,* and am puzzled why they'd be discontinued in lieu fo a lesser product.

Jan 31, 2002 at 2:51 AM Post #30 of 31
Regarding break-in, my KSC-35s sounded so much better after 4 or 5 hours that I was shocked. At first I thought they were a case of the emperor's new clothes, now I loooooooooove them! They are fantastic for listening to MP3s from my laptop's headphone jack.

Johnny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back