KSC35 alive?
Apr 3, 2003 at 5:10 PM Post #61 of 79
that's a bad news.......
if anyone have a spare KSC35, please PM me....i never had one before, I really wanna have a try
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 3, 2003 at 5:51 PM Post #62 of 79
Crappo. Well, I'll have to try and get one some way or another then...
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for taking the time to look into it HighwayStar.

Apr 3, 2003 at 7:35 PM Post #63 of 79
has anyone else sent requests to koss to return the KSC-35 to their line?

About two months ago, I submitted a well written message explaining how immensely beneficial it would be not only for audio enthusiasts, but for Koss itself, for them to return the KSC-35s to their product line. Explained in detail how badly the KSC-35 beats its replacement KSC-50. Then asked why they phased out the KSC-35 to introduce an inferior product.... All i got was an automated response saying the ksc-35 is discontinued and the KSC-50 is its replacement. Sad thing was.... I even requested that I not be given an automated response.

Apr 3, 2003 at 7:46 PM Post #64 of 79
Quote:

Originally posted by AIM9x
has anyone else sent requests to koss to return the KSC-35 to their line?...

Perhaps they'd respond to a petition of head-fier's interested in reviving this little jewel of a headhpone.

Question is...among the general public, how popular is the KSC-50 now versus the KSC-35 when it was on store shelves? Surely, the newer model appeals more to the typical consumer based on appearance alone.

I would estimate that there are a good number of head-fiers and audiophiles who'll be more than happy to sign on in order to demonstrate to Koss how many of us feel about the ol' 35.

At least they'd have to respond to a petition ! Right ?!

Apr 3, 2003 at 8:41 PM Post #66 of 79
No longer available - just got off the phone with them.
frown.gif

However, you all probabaly know that the 35 has been replaced by the 50, and IMO, are MUCH better.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 4, 2003 at 5:15 AM Post #68 of 79
What would be cool is if someone modded the KSC 50 to fit like the KSC 35. Fit is the major difference between these two headphones.

Apr 4, 2003 at 5:27 AM Post #69 of 79
it is an old idea. The problem is the way the cable is attached to the driver. The soldering of the KSC50 is different of the KSC35, too light to be used as the KSC35.
frown.gif

Apr 5, 2003 at 1:06 PM Post #70 of 79
The problem with the ksc-35's is the wiring is of cheap quality. I had mine for about a year, and had the wire break off so many times at the earpiece.

I soldered, and resoldered till finally the contacts gave up the ghost and just fell off.. now they are dead.. =(

I'm going ot have to try and wire the drivers from scratch.

The thing is, i've been so used to the ksc-35 clips, that nothing else feels right. I'm using a headset now, and it is more convenient actually, but doesn't feel right.

Even the clips themselves wear out at the ball joint, so i just want to prepare the rest of you, eventually, your ksc-35's will die.... Take a deep breath...

Apr 7, 2003 at 8:36 PM Post #72 of 79
geez, if they replaced the 35's with the 50's due to the *better* styling, then why dont they just bring back the 35's with a silver finish? they werent that ugly. and besides, the general public wont know the difference between two silver earclips
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 7, 2003 at 8:47 PM Post #73 of 79
Quote:

why not send 'em back to Koss and get them repaired? Lifetime warranty man!

IIRC, Koss sends you a replacement, which means the KSC50 or some other headphone since the KSC35 is no longer in production.
frown.gif

Apr 9, 2003 at 1:01 AM Post #75 of 79
Yeah, I'll probably send them in, but it's like hanging onto a good friend. I hate to have the ksc 50's sent back. The 50's were okay, but they hurt my ears. And the only way to make them stay on was to really have them clip on your upper earlobe.

Sound was okay though.. just uncomfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back