KSC-75's...
Aug 30, 2006 at 5:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

Cjattwood

500+ Head-Fier
Got a pair today, and man, they are as awesome as everyone says! They are very comparable to the PX100's in my opinion, and are very comfortable. Cable length is just right and they sound damn good with all types of music. Pity they make me look a bit dorky while wearing them, but it's a minor thing that I can live with.

So, err, I guess thats all I've got to say, just thought I'd share my thoughts
cool.gif

Aug 30, 2006 at 5:57 PM Post #2 of 47
I'm a huge fan of these as well. I'd been reading and reading about them, and couldn't believe that an $11.99 headphone could perform like everyone seemed to say they could. Once I broke down and bought a couple pairs though, I'm definitely a believer. They blow my $22.00 Sony clip-ons that I used to use at work out of the water. Kudos to Koss for a great product, and Kudos for everyone at Head-fi for continuing to promote these as (one of) the ultimate portable phones on the market today!!

Aug 30, 2006 at 7:05 PM Post #3 of 47
They really ARE great. Bought my pair today... should be here in a few days.

Aug 30, 2006 at 7:41 PM Post #5 of 47
This is THE ultimate portable headphone. I wholeheartedly recommend it to everyone, audiophile or not. These babies are unbelievably good for the price. I think they do sound at least as good as the PX100, which is 2-3 times the price. They are more sturdy too, and more comfortable. I used them quite a bit since I got them monday. I also use them amped on a PA2V2. It gives the KSC75 a richer sound. It tightens the bass quite a bit too. Great combo I must say! Especially for the money!
biggrin.gif

Aug 30, 2006 at 8:18 PM Post #6 of 47
After a little more listening, I have to say they sound superior to the PX100's (or at least the "old" model; I've not heard the "new" model); everything sounds more forward, energetic, and punchier. Which are all good attributes in my opinion for a portable headphone. Just spent an hour or so playing Dragon Quest VIII with these on listening to The Doors and I was completely lost in my own little world
tongue.gif

Aug 30, 2006 at 8:20 PM Post #7 of 47
I guess what's really amazing to me is that Koss actually markets it as a $20.00 (or less) headphone instead of trying to push it to a higher pricepoint, where there's no doubt it could compete.

Aug 30, 2006 at 8:37 PM Post #8 of 47
Yeah I know, I'd still buy a pair at like $40, I liked my PX100's when I had them but to be honest... they weren't portable enough. That sounds crazy but I like headphones around my neck or in my shirt pocket 24/7, and the KSC75's are perfect for that. The PX100's round my neck got way too uncomfy after long periods (4+ hours). But yeah, I guess Koss must be making a pretty sum selling them for the current price rather than pricing them straight into the PX100's territory.

Aug 30, 2006 at 8:49 PM Post #9 of 47
Whoops....

Aug 30, 2006 at 8:51 PM Post #10 of 47
Got 2 pairs a couple of weeks ago (after the discontinuance scare...), and am absolutely floored that something that inexpensive can be as outright decent as that. I've been suffering with Senn MX-400's at the gym, as I couldn't see putting my UE-10's in harm's way just to have decent sound while working out.

Aug 30, 2006 at 9:49 PM Post #12 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cjattwood
After a little more listening, I have to say they sound superior to the PX100's (or at least the "old" model; I've not heard the "new" model); everything sounds more forward, energetic, and punchier. Which are all good attributes in my opinion for a portable headphone. ... snip ...

Some people will attack that statement, but not me.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Aug 30, 2006 at 10:21 PM Post #13 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cjattwood
After a little more listening, I have to say they sound superior to the PX100's (or at least the "old" model; I've not heard the "new" model); everything sounds more forward, energetic, and punchier. Which are all good attributes in my opinion for a portable headphone. Just spent an hour or so playing Dragon Quest VIII with these on listening to The Doors and I was completely lost in my own little world
tongue.gif

I left my PX100's at a friend houde and grabed the 75's for a long walk and shazam! I think I like them better than the PX100's
blink.gif

At home the px100's smoke the 75(with home amp) but with the pod, The 75's are better and more musicial.
eek.gif

Aug 30, 2006 at 11:42 PM Post #14 of 47
They are hardly the ultimate portable phones when they have next to no isolation

Aug 31, 2006 at 3:05 AM Post #15 of 47
I love 'em - got paint all over 'em while working on my porch and didn't care so much, and, as a plus, I recommend them to all of my iPod toting students as an entry into something more like an audiophile experience - I tell them to compare with their own ears to the pack-ins and whatever else they have lying around. Is this wrong? Seems I am head-fi-ing them in a religious fervor sort of way. OMG, what have I done?

Seriously, the 75's have been great, especially when you can station several pairs around the house where you might need them without paying a premium for them. Great stocking stuffers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back