KSC 75's to MS-1? SR-80?
Oct 19, 2008 at 10:57 PM Post #17 of 64
No need to rush
smily_headphones1.gif
Enjoy every cans possible and step up slowly.

Oct 20, 2008 at 12:51 AM Post #20 of 64
do the kramer mod, adjust the clips to make them tighter if they fall off or loser if they are too tight. if you are unsatisfied, buy/try sr-60's. if you are satisfied and want more, save up for 225's

Oct 20, 2008 at 1:04 AM Post #21 of 64
I use the SR-80 at home, and the KSC-75 at work and when I travel (in the hotel room).

I listen to rock and electronic on my Grados, sounds fantastic. They're also perfect for short listening sessions. My ears can only handle them for about an hour before they become uncomfortable. They sound great. Get them.

Oct 20, 2008 at 1:14 AM Post #23 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by gorgak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use the SR-80 at home, and the KSC-75 at work and when I travel (in the hotel room).

I listen to rock and electronic on my Grados, sounds fantastic. They're also perfect for short listening sessions. My ears can only handle them for about an hour before they become uncomfortable. They sound great. Get them.

Cool, how do the Koss and Grado's compare to each other? And is the SR-80 worth the $25 extra compared to the SR-60?

Thanks.

Oct 20, 2008 at 1:58 AM Post #24 of 64
i voted other.

from your music preferences, you like bass! grados arent known for loads of bass. plus, you want it for longer home use right? grados arent the most comfortable headphones either.

i'd vote to first mod your KSC75s... wont cost a lot... =P

after that, and ur still not satisfied, try other headphones out. id suggest checking out the dt770pro-80 (the older, all black body one) ebay for ~$155 or less now

Oct 20, 2008 at 2:52 AM Post #25 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by ExtendeD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the comments guys. Could anyone further elaborate on the "Grado Sound"? Thanks so much. Enjoy the remainder of the weekend.

The Grado sound = bright, very fast, very aggressive, completely in-your-face, reasonably good detail and clarity. Great for Rock and metal, but for other genres you might prefer a can like the AD700 that has more soundstage.

The DT770 pro is a bass monster, lots of bass but everything else is a bit recessed.

Oct 20, 2008 at 4:21 AM Post #26 of 64
@uraflit- Yeah, I do like bass! But I'll be using these for shorter listening sessions. For long sessions, I already purchased the JVC Harx 700, which is supposed to be very similar to the Audio-Technica A700's. Thanks for the help though, I'll definately try modding my 75's first.

@scytheavatar- Thanks for describing the Grado sound. As previously mentioned, I purchased the JVC Harx and I was just looking for something brighter as a contrast to them.

Thanks everyone. As far as the Kramer mod goes, I've seen many threads about people saying "Wow, this looks tough", just to have four or five people tell them how easy it is. So I guess I'll give it a try. Koss has their "No questions asked" warranty anyway.

Any other comments would be greatly appreciated.

Oct 20, 2008 at 6:49 AM Post #27 of 64
Grado emphasizes on the highs and mids and their signature sound would be like onstage rather than in the back row or how others put it "in your face" sound. I went for the SR80's first because of the improved bass and overall detail. If you happen to consider the SR80s might I open the door to the Alessandro MS-1 which are Grado built, somewhere between the SR80 and SR225, supposedly. same price range

Oct 20, 2008 at 11:01 AM Post #29 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yukon Trooper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Keep your KSC75's and run as fast as you can in the opposite direction of this forum with wallet in hand.

Haha, I just may.

But seriously, thanks for the help everyone.

Oct 20, 2008 at 4:49 PM Post #30 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by ExtendeD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool, how do the Koss and Grado's compare to each other? And is the SR-80 worth the $25 extra compared to the SR-60?

Thanks.

The Koss sounds kind of recessed to me, like the highs, guitar, and drums don't have too much impact to the ear drum. But the sound seems balanced with a decent amount of bass.

The Grados hit hard, meaning that you can feel the impact of the drum beats and guitar. It sounds real, I'm not sure how else to explain it. The highs and mids are much more pronounced than with the Koss.

In concert terms, for me, Koss is like standing at the back of the crowd, it sounds good from a distance, well meshed. The Grados are like standing in front of the stage, and the drum beats and guitar strings seem to thump my eardrums.

I got the SR-80 because I wanted the bowl pads. I think the 60 and 80 are exactly the same except for the pads and the width of the cable. With flat pads the 80s would sound exactly like the 60s I'm guessing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back