KSC-75 just arrived...
Mar 29, 2007 at 3:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

lwrs10

100+ Head-Fier
I just picked up my KSC-75's from the mailbox.......and all I have to say is wow. After reading all the good things said about these little things i had to try them out. Good god these things sound good....and for about 10 bucks these have to be the best $$/performance ratio phones out there.....Makes me kinda mad that i have spent a few hundred bucks already in the hunt of good sound, when i could have spent 10 bucks and been happy.......well minus the Xenos amp i have....

Now to break them in while reading about this fabled "Kramer" mod...lol

P.S.
Still blown away by the sound of these things........

Mar 29, 2007 at 3:20 AM Post #2 of 16
I had a similar experience about 2 days ago!! Im happy your happy
smily_headphones1.gif
. This community is Dead On when it comes to the "must haves".

Mar 29, 2007 at 3:21 AM Post #3 of 16
oh hell yeah 75s rock! i love mine

Mar 29, 2007 at 3:25 AM Post #5 of 16
Woot another happy KSC75 owner!

Try them for a week or so after breakin and see how you like the sound. If you want it abit brighter do the Kramer mod.

I own the 75's and 35's ... the KSC35's really needed help, and I went all out on the Kramer mod:

Before and after shot
ksc3515my1.jpg

Fully Kramer Mod'ed
ksc3519vq0.jpg

Mar 29, 2007 at 4:54 AM Post #7 of 16
well an hour into it now......these things sure are fun to listen too.....i think i just might replace my k81dj's with em....

Apr 4, 2007 at 8:17 PM Post #8 of 16
Just a little update.....

Kramer modded em, and prob have well over 100 hours with em already.....i can honestly say i enjoy listening to these more than i do my 580's. plus the fact that i can wad them up in my pocket and carry them anywhere and they sound great without an amp......cant get over these cheap little bastards....lol

Apr 4, 2007 at 9:03 PM Post #9 of 16
I recently got the E-MU 0202, and I must say KSC75's sound terrific straight out of the EMU headphone out. I was blown away by the clarity and sheer ability to handle loud volumes without breaking up. I always thought bass break up was the KSC75's fault, but now come to realize thats not the case.

Apr 4, 2007 at 9:03 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshatdot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Woot another happy KSC75 owner!

Try them for a week or so after breakin and see how you like the sound. If you want it abit brighter do the Kramer mod.

I own the 75's and 35's ... the KSC35's really needed help, and I went all out on the Kramer mod:

Before and after shot
ksc3515my1.jpg

Fully Kramer Mod'ed
ksc3519vq0.jpg

What kind of screen is that and where do you get it? That looks easier that drilling.

Apr 4, 2007 at 9:19 PM Post #11 of 16
a screen alternative is picking kitchen stuff from a dollar store but they will not be welded so they will have some tolerance to bending and will be harder to work with.

Apr 5, 2007 at 6:00 AM Post #13 of 16
Ditto on the KSC75's I got them yesterday and am completely floored by how great they sound. I may buy another pair and just keep them in their packaging...I mean what if they stopped making them...lol I'll get my PX100's next week and marshmallows tomorrow I can't wait to try them but this sound will be hard to beat. I've been burning them in now for about 30 hours. I'm a very happy man 16 buck's what a deal. Where can they be had for 10.00 ?

Apr 5, 2007 at 6:31 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by yuletide /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gahhhh! Where is this fabled Kramer mod? I search and search and can't find it!! We need a dedicated mod threeaaad! Or at least some stickies!

Here...
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=126234

Users who are viewing this thread

Back