ksc 75 , a giant killer??
May 27, 2005 at 3:34 AM Post #32 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by fappar
Hey, so what do these adaptors do? do you need an adaptor for using amps or something? I just have a cmoy...

No they are not needed.
They alter the tonal character. Smooth out the bass hump and mellow out the midrange hump. Overall response is smoother. They also improve the S/N ratio for those amps that need higher impedence loads.
Garrett

May 27, 2005 at 4:50 AM Post #33 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by prona
If you guys want to try out the KSC-75, u can get them for cheap at provantage.com

They're $9.53 + 4.95(ground shipping) = ~14.50 dollars

Here's the LINK

http://www.provantage.com/buy-7KOSS1...9-shopping.htm

Heh, apparently Koss makes a huuuuuge profit margin off of headphones, because I just bought mine at work (Circuit City). Since our discounts mean we only buy them at "warehouse" price, it's usually not much of a discount, usually tax.

I ended up getting mine for 13.61, tax included. Without tax, the KSC75s are 12.60 at "warehouse price" or something similar.

May 27, 2005 at 5:06 AM Post #34 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by appar111
If I go with the SR-71, I'll definitely have to get it set for low gain... talk about blackness! Not to mention a volume knob that will be useful from 12:00 and up, rather than sticking to the 7-10:00 position...

I have an SR-71 with the default gain and my KSC-75 sounds phenomenal out of it. Usually have the volume knob at 10 or 11 o'clock. On some albums mastered at a low gain, I have had to turn the dial past 12. With the Emmeline, bass extends and loses much of the sloppiness and the recessed mids are smoothed out. I'm really looking forward to trying it with the 75-ohm adapter, as it seems it balances out the presentation even further.

Count me in on the KSC-75 (amped) love train.

May 27, 2005 at 5:19 AM Post #35 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
#4 !!! DIY!! all the way...

401268_259_full.jpg

Isnt it funny how every Pro- KSC75 rant eventually evolves into the where/how-to adapter discussion.

Garrett

Perhaps a diagram would be in order Garrett. Please let us know the recipe
biggrin.gif

May 27, 2005 at 11:29 AM Post #38 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by fappar
cool, that's where I bought mine. They've got great service.

Got mine from Provantage yesterday, $15.08 shipped to Massachusetts. Must admit that these phones are a great value and do indeed sound VERY good for a portable inexpensive phone. Still, they can't compare with proper circumaural home cans on a decent rig. But hell, for $15 I'm not complaining! The ksc75 is just what I was looking for: portable, good sounding beater headphones that I won't have to "baby".

May 27, 2005 at 12:43 PM Post #39 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by elephant6rawk
Heh, apparently Koss makes a huuuuuge profit margin off of headphones, because I just bought mine at work (Circuit City). Since our discounts mean we only buy them at "warehouse" price, it's usually not much of a discount, usually tax.

I ended up getting mine for 13.61, tax included. Without tax, the KSC75s are 12.60 at "warehouse price" or something similar.

Oh cool, I work at CCity as well, but I don't think we carry the KSC75's in our store.
frown.gif
All I saw were the KSC22's. I don't think they're on the website, are they?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back