KSC-35 Limited supply
Apr 18, 2003 at 1:45 AM Post #31 of 89
np guys, community service
biggrin.gif

Apr 18, 2003 at 1:51 AM Post #32 of 89
What would be cool is that Koss maybe trying to decide whether or not to bring back the 35 by seeing what the demand is for the Koss 35. One can only hope......

Apr 18, 2003 at 1:59 AM Post #33 of 89
Just picked up a pair...this is very very cool.

Apr 18, 2003 at 1:59 AM Post #34 of 89
I think the problem is that even if they sold well to audiophiles, that is not where the money lies..

They *have* to be able to sell well at the big B&Ms in order to turn a profit.

It's very unfortunate that Koss would design such a great headphone, but made it so that it was completely undesirable to the general public.

I know most of us like the way they look, but to most folks, they are probably cheap and ugly looking. I really think it would be in Koss' best interest if they set up some sort of listening kiosk's on all the major B&Ms in order for the general public to sample the cans before making a decision..

Apr 18, 2003 at 2:10 AM Post #35 of 89
I have the KSC-35 allready and tried the KSC-50 to see how they compare since they were only $12 at amazon. well, the 35's are great, I love them for riding around on my bike but the 50's were just junk! they looked huge and ugly, they were not comfortable, and they were a little heavier. I decided I'd never use them so I tried to canabalize the drivers but its damn hard to seperate them without desoldering. and the solder points aren't covered in plastic like the 35's and PortaPro's so you can't just pop them on the 35's clips. anyway, Koss had a great thing with the 35's, they sound alot better than earbuds but are just as portable. I got the extras because they are sure to deteriote since I use them while sweaty. But they still sound great so I think they are fairly durable. At $30 they are a good deal.

Apr 18, 2003 at 2:13 AM Post #36 of 89
I just got this email from Koss, and rushed here to let people know... and there are already 30+ replies
wink.gif
I'm going to order a couple extra pairs.

My HOPE is that this is Koss' way of determining whether or not to bring back these awesome cans.

Apr 18, 2003 at 2:28 AM Post #37 of 89
Anyone else notice there's no order number on the confirmation email? Is this normal for Koss? Haven't seen it before elsewhere.

Apr 18, 2003 at 3:01 AM Post #38 of 89
Hi,
Well, the KSC-35 will grace my ears very soon now. Order one too! Thanks for the link, Soupy!

Purk

Apr 18, 2003 at 3:03 AM Post #39 of 89
Quote:

Anyone else notice there's no order number on the confirmation email? Is this normal for Koss? Haven't seen it before elsewhere.

Don't worry, it's normal. I got the same style of confirmation email when I ordered my portapros.

Apr 18, 2003 at 3:20 AM Post #40 of 89
I hope for Koss's sake (and all of ours) that someone didn't screw up in the website department. Imagine if the workers come to the office tomorrow only to discover a pile of orders of product that hasn't been in-stock in months! What a mess!

But this thread's so far on the optimistic side, so I'll go along with the bandwagon! Wo0t!

Apr 18, 2003 at 3:55 AM Post #41 of 89
Austonia... I agree with you that the 50s are junk! (how can they be the same as the 35s, if they use different diaphragms??
confused.gif
)

If anyone gets an extra pair of 35s that they're willing to let go for not too much cash, please let me know some time... I've got to hear what all that fuss is about, but I somehow doubt that they'd ship a single set of earphones over to the UK...

Thanks

Apr 18, 2003 at 7:00 AM Post #44 of 89
Hey, Scott,

Not sure how many there are in this "limited supply". As for shipping, I'm in the same boat as you. Because I'm ordering several pairs all at once, I think it'll average out to be ok. So far, because I've entered the coupon code, it did say in the e-mail invoice that the discount is free shipping, but that might just be an automatic thing before they realize that they're shipping to Canada. The tax part says 0 and the shipping part says TBD. I'm guessing that I'll get another invoice later (possibly next week since Easter weekend has already started) and it will say more about shipping.

I'll try to remember to come back here to post the tax (if there is one) and shipping part when I find out.

Apr 18, 2003 at 7:08 AM Post #45 of 89
Wow, this is awesome! Companies aren't supposed to listen to popular demand! They're supposed to keep making more stylish worse-sounding successor models!

This rocks though...I'm ordering a pair right now...
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back