KRK KNS-8400 amp
Oct 2, 2012 at 8:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

carlove

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

I'm in search of a portable amp for my KRK KNS-8400. The cheapest ones you can think of, but it should still be quality, though.
If you can't think of cheap ones, then the next best thing that comes to your mind.
I never have had an amp for my headphones. So I'm totally new to this. 
Do I have to tell my music preferences for this?

Thanks!

Oct 2, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:
I'm in search of a portable amp for my KRK KNS-8400. The cheapest ones you can think of, but it should still be quality, though.
If you can't think of cheap ones, then the next best thing that comes to your mind.
I never have had an amp for my headphones. So I'm totally new to this. 
Do I have to tell my music preferences for this?

Fiio E6

Oct 2, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #3 of 5
Thanks for your reply!

I've seen a few pictures and it shows only adapters to certain ipod/phones and other phones. Will my iPhone 5 be suited with this one? Since it has an other connector

Oct 2, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
Thanks for your reply!

I've seen a few pictures and it shows only adapters to certain iPod/iPhones and other phones. Will my iPhone 5 be suited with this one? Since it has an other connector

Your iPhone 5 comes with the new 8-pin connection?
You can still connect just about any portable headphone amplifier to the iPhone (and iPod) using the iPhone & iPod's headphone jack (3.5mm male to 3.5mm male cable).
It's just preferred to use the 30-pin (LOD) or new 8-pin because it give a slightly cleaner analog audio signal, by bypassing the iPod or iPhones built in headphone amplifier.
I would assume now or in the near future you will be able to get a cable to connect the 8-pin to any portable headphone amplifier.

Oct 2, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
Your iPhone 5 comes with the new 8-pin connection?
You can still connect just about any portable headphone amplifier to the iPhone (and iPod) using the iPhone & iPod's headphone jack (3.5mm male to 3.5mm male cable).
It's just preferred to use the 30-pin (LOD) or new 8-pin because it give a slightly cleaner analog audio signal, by bypassing the iPod or iPhones built in headphone amplifier.
I would assume now or in the near future you will be able to get a cable to connect the 8-pin to any portable headphone amplifier.

Ah great, thanks for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back