Kristin Asbjørnsen
Jan 5, 2007 at 6:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

jpelg

Needs a regular fix of 'Fi
'06 Nat Meet Co-Coordinator
While watching the movie "Factotum" last weekend, I became completely enthralled with the musical score by Norwegian artist Kristin Asbjørnsen, which I picked up yesterday (first music purchase of 2007!):

B000CRR3BK.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V63709653_.jpg

(image from Amazon.com)

Vocals are very reminiscent of Over the Rhine's Karin Bergquist, but even sadder and more compelling, if that's possible. Accompanying instrument arrangements are quite stark & simple, with wonderful use of piano, cello, & violin.

I'm still reading over the content on her website here. Anyone have more experience with her discography?

biggrin.gif

Jan 5, 2007 at 7:24 PM Post #3 of 8
I'll be checking both of those out! Thanks for the recs!

Jan 15, 2007 at 5:52 AM Post #5 of 8
Thanks for that OP, jpelg. I ended up putting Factotum high up on my NetFlix queue, as well as ordering the Over the Rhine CD "Drunkard's Prayer". That's one really beautiful set of songs by Over the Rhine.

Jan 21, 2007 at 7:22 AM Post #7 of 8
The CD I ordered, "Drunkard's Prayer" by Over the Rhine, arrived tonite. The songs, the performances, and the production are going to conspire to keep this CD high on my play rotation for years. Many thanks again, jpelg, for your reference to Karin Bergquist which enabled me to find this treasure of a CD. Now that I've fully locked onto this Over the Rhine CD, I'm going to give Kristin Asbjornsen's songs on Factotum another listen.

Jan 22, 2007 at 11:49 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone have more experience with her discography?

I was attending one of the concerts of the vocal quartet "Kvitretten" back in the 90's in Trondheim where she studied Jazz, and I was really impressed by her voice back then.

You may want to preview her work with Krøyt and Dadafon at www.musiconline.no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back