Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
Oct 12, 2002 at 5:28 PM Post #16 of 48
Krispy Kreme is coming here to the Portland area very soon. I guess they aim to be the McDonald's of fast food donuts. Although I hardly ever eat any donuts, I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for KK. The first real job I ever had, at 13, was selling Krispy Kreme donuts door-to-door in Virginia. Talk about a challenge. One of the things I had to deal with was occasionally being accosted by a gang of neighborhood toughs, who had varying degrees of success in robbing me of some of my merchandise.

Oct 12, 2002 at 5:33 PM Post #17 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by dougli
Krispy Kreme is coming here to the Portland area very soon. I guess they aim to be the McDonald's of fast food donuts. Although I hardly ever eat any donuts, I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for KK. The first real job I ever had, at 13, was selling Krispy Kreme donuts door-to-door in Virginia. Talk about a challenge. One of the things I had to deal with was occasionally being accosted by a gang of neighborhood toughs, who had varying degrees of success in robbing me of some of my merchandise.

It made me sad to read your post, Dougli. I can't believe they used to sell doughnuts door to door, but no longer do.
frown.gif

Oct 12, 2002 at 6:24 PM Post #19 of 48
Yeah, my profit for a sales run would be about $6-$8, assuming that some of my merchandise didn't get hijacked. That was pretty good back then, considering my other (legal) money-making choices. And it let me add to my record collection every week
biggrin.gif

Oct 12, 2002 at 6:37 PM Post #20 of 48
Cigarette smoking is probably more healthy than eating that fat/sugar/cholesterol garbage.

Oct 12, 2002 at 6:53 PM Post #21 of 48
Hmmm, I love Krispy Kremes. . . we have both Dunkin Donuts and KK here in Pittsburgh(just got KK), and I'm not sure if its the novelty factor, or. . . but I really prefer KK. Their texture is just amazing. So fluffy!

Oct 13, 2002 at 2:03 AM Post #24 of 48
Back in California me and my friends would drive 2 hours at least once a week to go get some Krispy Kremes. Now that they opened in CT, I'm in heaven. I was there the first day (2 hour wait) and again on Friday (1 hour wait at 11pm). There really is nothing like a Krispy Kreme. All those who think Dunkin Donuts are superior, well, you're just plain wrong!
biggrin.gif
Well, you can't really compare the two, its apples and oranges. Krispy Kremems aren't really even doughnuts, they're Krispy Kremes. I think understanding the distinction is important.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Oct 13, 2002 at 2:13 AM Post #25 of 48
Dunkin' Donuts all the way.

Actually, I have to drive further to get Dunkin Donuts whereas I could have Krispy Kreme practically next door.

My city's only DD is closing 8 weeks for rebuilding and I have been cold turkey since Thursday.

The only good thing about KK is that they are so overflavored / overdensly textured is that they taste great on/with a good European style bread.

Oct 13, 2002 at 2:14 AM Post #26 of 48
i'm gonna have to agree with gloco, coffee vendor doughnuts rock. the dunkin donuts around here seem to really suck too.

Oct 13, 2002 at 2:16 AM Post #27 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by skippy
i'm gonna have to agree with gloco, coffee vendor doughnuts rock. the dunkin donuts around here seem to really suck too.

THANK ****ING GOD! Someone else see's the light...dude, those coffee vendor donuts are the best. Dunkin rubber donuts and miniture krispy donuts can't even compare. What wouldn't i do for a glazed donut right about now....

Oct 13, 2002 at 4:17 PM Post #28 of 48
This is just the kind of thread I need.

Oh to be young again and eat whatever you want and not gain a pound. Now I go to the gym 4 times a week and watch everything that I eat or drink to try and stay in reasonable shape.

My Godfather owned a donught shop in San Jose that I remember from my childhood. To this day I swear they were the best ever or was it that they were fresh and free. He always had ice cold milk to go with them.

Oct 13, 2002 at 4:22 PM Post #29 of 48
The best donnuts are made in situ, served warm and with a glass of milk, coffe or latte. There's no substitute for something made with love and dedication, even if it's a donnut.

Oct 13, 2002 at 9:32 PM Post #30 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by grancasa
All those who think Dunkin Donuts are superior, well, you're just plain wrong!
biggrin.gif

(Sings to donut)
If loving you is wrong,
I don't want to be right...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back