Koss Striva - WiFi streaming and wireless over-ears and in-ears.
May 2, 2012 at 9:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

nick n

Headphoneus Supremus
  Just got a notice today about these new Koss Striva sets.

While it's not my particular thing I have quite a few friends who would probably be interested in this and can see how it would appeal to a number of people who have their places wired to the teeth already. 
Looks as though you can do streaming sources from the net, and also hook up the CAP( Cable Access Point I think it said ) unit to a source like your phone ( which I lack also ) or computer for feed from there.
Also you can set up firmware updates and also a music library on their site.

Though someone would at least be interested in checking these out. 
I would assume the extended warranty would also apply.

Just a heads up.
http://www.koss.com/en/Striva/Home?utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Striva2-050112%20%281%29&utm_content=

May 2, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #2 of 5
Got that notice earlier today too.  They don't look very appealing to me, and dang the PRO is rather expensive.

May 3, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #3 of 5
I did not check pricing, probably the first thing I should have done. Oh you can also use them like regular cans with the actual cable it comes with.

One would hope for top notch sound at that $

May 3, 2012 at 1:47 AM Post #4 of 5
I got the same update email from Koss.  Looks pretty and I'm sure sounds good.  Nice thing about Koss "higher end" models is that if you wait a few months, you can find the prices significantly lower than retail price.   This is why I stopped being an early adopter on the latest and greatest of anything.

May 3, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #5 of 5
this is an awesome concept.
I'm looking forward to a review of the sound quality.  They're not cheap.

I actually set up a MyKoss.com account to see how the streaming music config works.  I don't like being locked into anything proprietary.

It's worse than I anticipated. They should tout Shoutcast more because if you don't use those streams, I imagine it's going to be tricky to figure out what to listen to when all the streams on myKoss have names like "stream4466445" and "stream998654".

Seriously?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back