Koss PRO Dj100 and AKG Q460 good for dubstep?
Oct 30, 2011 at 9:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

AL-8

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,
My question is about the ''title'' headphones.
Are they comfortable and with a good bass and sound that fit for dubstep ?

Thank you.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 31, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #6 of 7
Paired with an amp, the DJ100 is a good all-around headphone, so I've found. It has a very tight and punchy bass that doesn't distort. If you apply a bass-boost EQ the bass gets louder, and is still tight and snappy like a rubber band. It's not the "bomb going off" booming bass so much as the tight "punch in the chest" kind of bass. Now, obviously you won't feel it in your chest with any headphone, but that's a different story. Putting M50 pads on the DJ100 supposedly increase the bass a little bit as well. I use my DJ100 on a Cmoy amp, but an inexpensive Fiio E6 is supposed to be a great match too, although I haven't tried it. It really isn't satisfying for dubstep without an amp on smaller mp3 players though.

If you want a more rumbling type of bass, and listen exclusively to dubstep, I'd suggest something different, but if you're looking for tight and punchy bass, and something that sounds good with a variety of musical styles, the DJ100 is a good choice

Oct 31, 2011 at 11:04 AM Post #7 of 7
what you suggesting ?

Quote:
Paired with an amp, the DJ100 is a good all-around headphone, so I've found. It has a very tight and punchy bass that doesn't distort. If you apply a bass-boost EQ the bass gets louder, and is still tight and snappy like a rubber band. It's not the "bomb going off" booming bass so much as the tight "punch in the chest" kind of bass. Now, obviously you won't feel it in your chest with any headphone, but that's a different story. Putting M50 pads on the DJ100 supposedly increase the bass a little bit as well. I use my DJ100 on a Cmoy amp, but an inexpensive Fiio E6 is supposed to be a great match too, although I haven't tried it. It really isn't satisfying for dubstep without an amp on smaller mp3 players though.

If you want a more rumbling type of bass, and listen exclusively to dubstep, I'd suggest something different, but if you're looking for tight and punchy bass, and something that sounds good with a variety of musical styles, the DJ100 is a good choice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back