Koss Portapro....for exercise?
Jun 15, 2012 at 6:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

SilverBlade

100+ Head-Fier
I've been looking for decent headphones to use while exercising (elliptical/treadmill/weights) plus, these would be worn while I'm at work.  I used to use the Sennheiser PMX-60 as they were comfortable to wear for hours and hours without my ears feeling like they are bleeding.

I tried the Klipsch Image 3 - they were painful to listen to and painful to wear.  Then I tried the Sennheiser PMX-100 - These were really painful to wear as the headband was too tight and I had to return them.  Then I tried the Sennheiser/Addidas PMX-680 pair - These are beginning to hurt my ears as I listen to music at work for 7.5 hours.

So I'm kind of stuck with using on-ear or over-ear headphones.  Any/all earbuds I've tried is so painful to wear for me.

How do the Koss Portapro's perform with exercise? are they rugged enough not to break easily?

Jun 15, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #4 of 6
The $8 JVC HA-EB75 earbuds with rubber earhooks  is great for exercising.  If you think this is uncomfortable, then try the Koss KSC75 earhook headphones. For use while not exercising, the $13 JVC HA-S160 imo sounds much better than the Portapro. it is closed though, but doesn't isolate so well due to its very small size.

If you are sold on the Portapro sound, at least get the Sportapro instead of the Portapro, as it sounds exactly the same and is around half the price. The Sportapro headband can be worn over the head or around the neck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back