Koss KTX-PRO
Dec 20, 2005 at 4:47 AM Post #17 of 25
There are so dang many Koss headphones/clipphones that use these same two drivers, it's a wonder we're not all totally fogged.

And after all the confusion they've caused us, there's no evidence I've seen that shows that whiffing a few molecules of titanium over a Mylar diaphragm makes an audible improvement. A far greater audible difference can be produced with different driver enclosures (the UR40), tighter or looser earclips (KSC series), or earcups/foamies that space the diaphragm farther from or closer to the ear.

Dec 20, 2005 at 5:11 AM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by wualta
But it says TITANIUM right there on the package.

WHOA!!! I could have sworn that thing uses non-ti drivers!!! My bad!!!

Post edited!!

I stand corrected.
Garrett

Dec 20, 2005 at 7:14 AM Post #19 of 25
Now I'm *really* confused. So is/was there only one KTX-Pro, and has it always been titanium? If so, I owned and liked the KTX-Pro, and *still* dislike the KTX-Pro1. Note that the earcup design is different though; KTX-Pro is like KSC-75 (if Titanium), where KTX-Pro1 has a semi-closed design with venting on back. I continue to feel KTX-Pro1 sounds mediocre and has very poor build quality.

Dec 20, 2005 at 6:18 PM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
Now I'm *really* confused. So is/was there only one KTX-Pro, and has it always been titanium?

Pretty sure it has always been basically the same driver, with damping via tiny vent holes on the back plus two larger "ports" near the solder pad. Adding some felt or other acoustic resistance back there might change the sound in the direction of the good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by
|[ GorE]The ktx pros sounded very nice if you were to put some foam inside the shell between the driver back and the enclosure.

And it sounds like some of you have already begun to experiment. The next step would be to try something denser than foam and see if it's an improvement or too much.

Dec 21, 2005 at 4:12 AM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by wualta
Pretty sure it has always been basically the same driver, with damping via tiny vent holes on the back plus two larger "ports" near the solder pad. Adding some felt or other acoustic resistance back there might change the sound in the direction of the good.

BTW, for those reading this thead, here's the KTX-Pro:

ktxpro.jpg

And KTX-Pro1:

ktxpro1.jpg

Dec 21, 2005 at 6:55 AM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by ]|[ GorE
The ktx pros sounded very nice if you were to put some foam inside the shell between the driver back and the enclosure.THey sounded very nice indeed.

i did so, but using tissues not foam and it sounded better, thanks
k1000smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back